broken roof skylight cover. help!

May 22, 2007
Visit site
whilst washing the roof i put my hand through skylight..oooops.

so what are they actually called?and where can i get a replacement. the van is late 80's cotswold windrush and skylight is 14.5"x16". it looks like the cover may just replace or do i need the whole push up sprung mechanism?

G

You may get a new cover through the caravan breakers, however they may wish to sell you the whole item. You can get spare covers in dealers but they will be metric sized, and you will need to check if one will fit the system you have. The location of the fitting screw holes will be important. You never know you could be lucky.

It is actually not that difficult to replace the whole thing, I have done it when I swiped one off the top of a motorhome in a service station. You just need to have plenty of mastic and take your time to ensure all the old mastic is removed. The actual roof hole size whether imperial or metric will be close enough the same, to allow a new skylight to be fitted.

SBS

Mar 15, 2007
Visit site
You may struggle to get a new replacement so a breakers could be the answer. Modern roofvents are usually 400mm x 400mm.

Good luck - Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts