Brown Moor, Hawes c.c. site

May 2, 2005
Visit site
Anyone been to this site? booked in for a few days next month, apparently it's not recomended to come from the M6 side as the roads are so narrow but to come via the A1 is this correct? just a little concerned about the road into Hawes. Any advice greatfully recieved.

Thanks

Kenny

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can't comment on the access from the M6 but the roads from the A1 are fine, just make sure you do not miss the right turn down towards the site as you enter Hawes otherwise you will have to take the caravan round Hawes to get back and the roads are tight. We are also off to Brown Moor first weekend in August.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
I'd advise looking at Hawes on a map and working out your options. I wouldn't advise the A684 as the road from Sedbergh to the Moorcock Inn (junction of B6239) is not too good for long outfits. From that junction it's mostly OK.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ken,

Which area are you coming from?

It doesn't say you cannot come from the M6.......it only says do NOT use junction 37 which then takes you through Sedbergh.We did meet someone who had done that and said the caravan walls were almost meeting the walls of buildings on each side!!!

Looking at the map,coming off at junct 34 onto the A683 and then the A687 and heading for Ingleton and then the B6255 to Hawes would seem to be the way to go. Haven't used this route ourselves,but I'm sure that someone can say if this way is OK.We were on site last year in appalling weather conditions,but still enjoyed ourselves.

TRENDING THREADS