Brynich CC Site - Breacon

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi

Has anyone stayed at this site, we have booked it for the May half term week. We have 3 children ages 6,8 and 12 and are wondering whether it is going to be too quiet for them.

If anyone has stayed there, what is the surrounding area like?

We are not really into walking, well I am the others are all too lazy ;-)

Thank you

Sam

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
it's a nice site in a lovely location. but i would say that the area is mainly outdoor activity orientated. The climbing centre at Llangorse is great and you can hire boats to go out on the Lake. Cardiff is about an hour away and offers all the attraction of a major city as well as Doctor Who and Torchwood fame. You can go down the Pit at Big Pit Blaenafon (it's Free), and Abergavenny is not to far which is a pretty market town, but not much for the kids. Merthyr Tydfil has Cyfartha Castle, and the Taff Trail is a great biking route!

Hope this is of some help,

regards,

Gareth

Jun 17, 2007
Visit site
the site was taken over by the c.c last year,before this it was privatly owned the same family still own the play barn kids activity centre,and the barn restaurant which is nextdoor to the site,a two minute walk from the site and you can be down on the canal towpath about 15 mins walk will take you to brecon town,or go the other direction it will take you towards talybont i think some parts of the towpath permit cycling,most use it anyway there's endless amounts of tourist attraction leaflets available from the site office it all depends on how much you plan to use the car.h.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Brynich is a lovely site with clean facilities. We stay there 3 to 4 times a year as we have relatives in Brecon. You are only 1 hour away from the Gower, Porthcawl, Barry, Cardiff, Ross on Wye, Symonds Yat, Hereford or Newport. I/2 hr to Buith wells lampeter, Aberagavenny.

Its pretty central with stunning views of the Brecon Beacons.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Sam.

Hereford is an hour away and market day is Wednesday if you want to see plenty of livestock and do a bit of retail therapy.

If you park in the tesco supermarket carpark by the cattle market, you can get 2 hours free parking and it is central to the city shops and the market. otherwise parking is

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just up the road from there, on the old road into Brecon is Bishop's Meadow caravan site. Smaller, more pleasant and privately owned, so more personal service.Possibly cheaper too, but I've only ever used it for Royale club rallies, so don't know the normal rate.

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
we were there last may day week end.

this is a very popular site although i was a little disappointed . i rememebered this site a long time ago. the past years before the club took it over it had been used for caravan seasonal pitches. most if not all with water and drainage however they are all in rows and seem to be very crowded. i dont like this because you either have a hedge facing you or are one on top of the other. there used be lovely views over the brecon beacons.

the best pitches in my opinion are now on the main field as you enter the site, nice and open with some views.

the canal is nice for walking or cycling, you can also take a barge to tally bont along the canal from brecon. the town is small but interesting, there is a leisure centre that used to have a bowling alley (im not sure if it is still there) nice with children in an evening. there is also a small cinema in the town. as said by others llangorse lake is worth a visit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts