BUBBLES ON MY DECAL(STICKER) ON MY PEGASUS 524

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HAVE JUST DISCOVERED TWO SMALL BUBBLES ON THE THE FRONT DECAL(STICKER) ON MY PEGASUS 524.HOW DO I GET RID OF THE BUBBLES WITHOUT DOING DAMAGE TO THE DECAL.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Dan

Go to to the dealer with the rest of your snagging list, if any. Easier to get it all done at one visit.

Bubbles are caused by air or can be a piece of grit.

Cheers

Dustydog

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
HI DAN,i agree with dusty dog wait a bit,make a list and you will be able to get them done the same time.i can assure you that you will have niggley snags aswell,so it makes sense we all do with new vans.all the best ALAN P/T

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
It's amazing how a simple idea solved the problem and got it worked out without leaping out of the tree and chucking the rattle out of the pram or beating the manufacturer/dealer to death. Most little niggles can be sorted out this way but some people can just turn a minor problem into a catastrophe

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
If thats ALL that's wrong with it, then you are very lucky, i usually have a list with a new van.
HI! Ray i have had 2 new Swift vans and never had a problem with any of them (might just be lucky )but then after 10 months the Bat charger packed up on the 07 new one, but not just Swift having probs with the charger (touch wood as they say no other probs)

cheers Duggie

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
that'll be the least of your worries with the pegasus a coachbuilder friend of mine says the construction on those vans is not going to work I give him 2 years to be proved correct

Nov 16, 2007
Visit site
that'll be the least of your worries with the pegasus a coachbuilder friend of mine says the construction on those vans is not going to work I give him 2 years to be proved correct
If at 2 years there is problems then still under warranty - Dan has just bought a new van so don't burst his bubble we all know how exciting it is getting something new without doubters

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
Have you noticed that most of the critics against the Pegasus range, dont actually have one themselves but know of someone's wife's mother's sister's boyfriend's coachbuilder friend etc who knows or has heard that they are rubbish - so thats alright then

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Have you noticed the other manufacturers advertisements?

A lot refer to the superior construction of their models using conventional materials.

Left to them we'd still be flying around in propeller aircraft.

Cheers

Dustydog

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Dave,

Oh dear!

I fully acknowledge that it is easy to reduce a bubble in decal, and in the grand scale of things it is a relatively minor problem.

BUT having spent a small fortune on buying a NEW caravan, show me where in the contract of sale that it states the caravan will be supplied with faulty decals?

The scale of the problem is small, but the principal is wrong if such things are expected to be put right by the customer. If this is what is expected where do you draw the line?

It is only by bringing these faults to the attention of the supplier that the necessary attention to detail will be properly focused. By taking issues like this out of the supply chain, it gives a false impression to the manufacturers who think that such issues do not exist because they are not reported.

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Dan Don`t touch it, contact your dealer, if you bought a Merc, you wouldn`t expect the badge to drop off, if the dealer thinks it is not important contact Bailey direct, without being funny, I feel very fortunate to have a superb Bailey dealer who appreciates your custom.

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
I agree that there should be NO faults with a new caravan but in the real world there's likely to be at least some. Personally, I would not bother getting my van out of storage and tow to a dealer for him to stick a pin in a bit of vinyl when I'm perfectly capable of doing the job myself.

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I also had a bubble on my door decal which I removed by pressing to the side of the decal with the leather fob on my keyring. Might sound funny but it worked without marking the decal or the van.

Cheers Robbie

TRENDING THREADS