Budget costs of 3 month trip in Europe

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We haven't bothered going over to Europe for the last two years, 1 the cost of the Exchange rate, and the cost of the sites have risen greatly, using the ACSI card in the UK really cuts down cost back here as well.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
As I said in my previous post, I don't generally count he cost of our trips, but we've just got back from our second 7 week tour this year, which included three weeks in France. Total basic cost for France was £750, but that was only ferry, site and fuel. Add in the bar and restaurant and it would be a lot more. The ferry cost was odd, solo camper van out, and van and caravan back.

Nov 5, 2019
Visit site
Most of the people love to go to Italy which is one of the best place for the travel.I have tried to check about the Vacation Packages which offers the most of the trip to Italy and provides the best deals for the travel for short distance trips.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
]

So tell us why, I love Spam fritters.
Thanks Hutch
The spammer and his posts have been booted into cyberspace and I edited your own comment to remove the spam that you quoted :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My calculations given at the beginning of this thread are now totally useless due to te huge rise in insurance premiums of the over 8o's My 42 day premium went from £280 to £750 just for the fun of being an octogenarian - no change in health status. The 122 day premium went up even more but is still (marginally) better value on a cost per day basis.
Having shopped around quite widely I couldn't find anything any better than my original quotations - indeed not offers at all for the 122 days period and somewhere in the low £1000 for 42 so it's grin and bear it or take the risk or don't go.
I am not getting any replies from the proiders as to why there is not a no-claim discount on such policies - surely the only category of insurance not to have one, and why they go for such a cliff edge increase at 80+ years rather than tapering it in from say 70 or 75.. Also why you cannot reduce the premium by accepting an excess e.g. say the first £750 which would also reduce their administrative load quite considerably. But ' we always listen to our customers' Listening clear does not mean understanding.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
RayS said:
My calculations given at the beginning of this thread are now totally useless due to te huge rise in insurance premiums of the over 8o's My 42 day premium went from £280 to £750 just for the fun of being an octogenarian - no change in health status. The 122 day premium went up even more but is still (marginally) better value on a cost per day basis.
Having shopped around quite widely I couldn't find anything any better than my original quotations - indeed not offers at all for the 122 days period and somewhere in the low £1000 for 42 so it's grin and bear it or take the risk or don't go.
I am not getting any replies from the proiders as to why there is not a no-claim discount on such policies - surely the only category of insurance not to have one, and why they go for such a cliff edge increase at 80+ years rather than tapering it in from say 70 or 75.. Also why you cannot reduce the premium by accepting an excess e.g. say the first £750 which would also reduce their administrative load quite considerably. But ' we always listen to our customers' Listening clear does not mean understanding.

I agree that the premiums are high and do rise dramatically when you reach 80. But surely rather than targeting it more gradually at 70 and 75 it’s set at an age where very many do/have stopped longer overseas holidays. You have therefore benefitted by lower premiums in your 70s.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Your comment is of course true andwell made.. The huge step change does upset the annual cash flow calculations though and at my age annual cash flow tends to be quite important, given the uncertainty about expectations of care costs etc.
However, perhaps you would agree that some sort of 'no claims discount' and/or ' 'voluntary excess' provisions which apply to other forms of insurance e.g. car and caravan, could/should be applied to travel, particularly when this year is the 18th I have taken out two travel insurances ( for separate trips)with the same company and never made a claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts