Built in microwave -HELP

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
Hello

Can anyone help me? I am trying to add a built in microwave to my '07 Lunar zenith 6, does anybody know of a suitable microwave to use and also a fascia/fitting kit to surround the microwave?

Regards

Jon

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
Depending on where you are intending to mount your microwave, I'd check with Lunar to make sure that the wall is strong enough to support it. Even a small microwave weighs something like 14kg and without the necessary re-inforcing built into the van structure and proper supports you could end up pulling the side of the van off.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Wow

I have a microwave(same one ) in several caravans and not managed to damage anything yet or pull the side off a caravan!

But to answer the question Morrisons sell the Daewoo for

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
Many thanks

Looks like its off to Morrisons for me then, I like the idea of concealing it behind the cupboard door, as if the side of my van does fall off, at least it wont display the microwave!!!

TTFN

Nov 26, 2006
Visit site
I use the home microwave perhaps once a month, so I'm certainly not going to waste space on the van.

But if I did want one, I would not install it at high level, which seems to be the trend nowadays, as this is dangerous to use, bad for van stability, and requires the structure at that point to be strengthened to take the weight.

Install it in a cupboard just under the worktop, and none of these problems apply.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts