Bulldog QD Wheel Clamp

May 8, 2007
Visit site
Hello there. I have just purchased a twin axle 'van that has different sized wheels to my previous 'van. Therefore my old wheel clamp will not fit properly (I knew this and sold it with old van).

I had a Milenco clamp and ended up hating it due to the difficulty I experienced in getting it to lock properly on anything other than a flat concrete surface.

I would appreciate any advice on suggested clamps that are secure, yet easy to lock/unlock as I take the clamp with me. I like the look of the Bulldog QD for this reason. Does anybody use one?

Many thanks for any advice!

Dave

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
I have the Bulldog Euroclamp, which is secure, easy to fit and quite compact so putting it in the car to travel is not a problem.

It does have one problem though, it is only secure if used with locking wheelnuts as it does not hide the wheel centre.

Cheers

David

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
We changed to the Q.D. when the previous lock would not fit past a recently installed motor mover. Requires a bit of patience to get the hang of it on uneven ground but once you get the knack - easy. Sometimes, during heavy rain, the lower arms collect water which can drain out onto carpets or floor, so we store them in plastic bags when travelling. Nowadays they come supplied with red facings - I used some spare red sticky backed plastic.( Always knew the Blue Peter experience would come good some day. )

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi David

We,ve had both the Buldog QD and the Melenco, both work on same princable, but the Bulldog is far easyer to use on uneven grownd etc, and does'nt rust like the Melenco. Our twin axle's fitted with ALKO hub locks, great idea but you have to jack the rear wheel up to locate the lock, hopless on a sloping muddy field, so concidering buying a pair of Bulldogs. also looking at the Fullstop Excaibir, they.er a cross between a wheel clamp and a hub lock, they pack into a small box saving space, but your van has to be fittet with Alloys.

Phill

May 8, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for your post Phil. I was not aware of the Fullstop Excalibur at all - having now looked at it, would appear to be ideal: relatively easy to fit yet light and easily packed in case supplied. Sold Secure Gold approved as well. Fortunately, I already have alloy wheels.

Do any other forum readers have experience of the Fullstop Excalibur device?

Thanks

Dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts