Bulldog Snakemaster

Apr 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi

This may sound a daft question to some of you,but can you reverse with the snakemaster in position ?

A Friend of ours has just bought his first van,and it came with the van,we have always used alko stabilizer,so can't help him.

Can any of guys thanx.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I haven't used a snakemaster for a while, but when I did I never removed it for reversing. The makers recommend you should, and I suppose with a relatively short single axle 'van you may have difficulty getting it to come out of a turn. With a larger 'van or twin axle it shouldn't be a problem.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I used a snakemaste some time ago, and had one incident regarding not uncoupling it for reversing.

It is ok if you go in a pretty sraight line backwards, but if you have to make any sharp turns, it can cause a problem.

If the makers recommend removal for reversing, hen thats what I would do, as "if" you damage your van by ignoring that advice, then you have no basis for a claim, and the expense of repairs.

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
I used to have a scott blade stabaliser and always removed it for reversing as that what the manufacturer recomended. Damien's right follow the instructions is a good policy

TRENDING THREADS