bulldog stabiliser

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
I use the bulldog 2000 blade type stabiliser with my outfit. I find when turning etc, it gives a loud creaking noise. On reading other threads I am now concerned there may be too much resistance on the friction material and that I may be causing damage to the towbar/mounting points etc.

Can anyone advise?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
They can make a creaking noise especially if there is a build up of dust etc

You can check the resistance by pushing with bathroom scales on the side of the bar at the end.

Bulldog say that you should have a reading of 60lbs

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Ewan,

Since the noise is almost certainly due to dust or contamination, you may want to consider servicing the Bulldog stabiliser with regard to the friction disks yourself.

You will need a torque wrench and a bench mounted vice (to hold the stabiliser base whilst working on the nuts and bolts - not really necessary - just makes the job so much easier)

Even if the friction pads need replacing (unlikely), they are quite cheap - around

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
The reason water works in quietening a stabiliser is that it works like a lubricant, reducing the effects of the stabiliser. A stabiliser works like your brakes and after going through water you are always advised to dry your brakes by applying them to restore their potential.

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
thanks to all.

Gave the discs a good wash out, then checked the setting. Over 90lbs to move it....no wonder it was creaking. Ajdusted as per instructions so all should now be hunky dory.

Regards

Ewan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts