BULLDOG WHEELCLAMPS

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
as you all know we are buying our bits and bobs for our 1st van.

been looking into wheelclamps and can see that the

Bulldog QD44 wheelclamp has had good reviews, a bit pricey i know but looks pretty good, took longer to remove in the tests and fits into van locker - does anyone have this product and could you advise if this is insurance approved?

thanks

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I have this clamp and in all the reviews I've seen it has come out top. The only negative comment was that it could do with a high visibility sticker on the clamp so that thieves can see its fitted. My personal negative comment is what you have already mention, the price ;O) p.s. it is a heavy clamp.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
As far as I know insurers don't give out approvals for wheelclamps, though some insist on one as a condition of insurance without specifying the exact type.

There is a Sold Secure scheme which has Gold, Silver and Bronze standards to indicate resistance to theft.

Wheelclamps are a bit of a Catch-22, lightweight, easy-to-use ones are less secure than heavy-duty ones.

I use the Bulldog Titan, which is Sold Secure Gold, but it's a bit cumbersome to put on and off and takes quite a lot of space in the boot. It's too heavy to travel in the caravan, but I suspect they all are.

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Bulldog QD 44 which we use when touring and I find it excellent to fit, especially when on sloping and/or uneven ground. My previous clamp was a Milenco and at times it was quite difficult to fit on some CL sites. If you look at weights the QD is not too bad....try the bulldog Titan and Centaur if you fancy weight training!

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
I fully agree with Clive i had a milenco and its no fun trying to push the legs in especially when the ground is wet ,the QD44 is a piece cake to fit ,and it was rated top in one test report

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have this clamp and overcame the lack of visibility by painting it bright yellow. Used to have a Keep-It clamp but that would no longer fit after we had a caravan mover fitted. So if you plan on having a mover fitted in the future pay the extra for the Bulldog or make sure whichever you do get will fit around one.

MikeE

Apr 23, 2005
Visit site
Sarah

Had the QD 3 seasons. I agree with most of the earlier comments. I also fitted a mover and found I can still fit the clamp. I can always get the clamp on sometimes with a bit of jiggleing even when the wheels are sometimes blocked up.I also have alloy wheels.

Only downside I have is with size/weight when I find it awkward to store/carry safely on the road. Have been been putting it back into its original cardboard box and carrying in the toilet compartment but box is getting tatty so am thinking of packing the three component parts in the car boot wrapping each in an old towel to prevent rattle.

PS, I have fitted strips of duck tape inside centre circlular plate when I noticed some rub marks appearing on alloy wheel.

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I have a QD 44 which I use in conjunction with an Alko SEcure hitchlock when touring. My Titan, Alko and QD 44 all go on when its in store. The Titan is a graet clamp but heavy and unwieldy for touring. Both the QD 44 and Titan can be fitted with the Reich Mover on 14 inch wheels.

Jun 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sarah

I agree with joby, I also have a milenco highly visable sturdy and seems to do the job required probably as well as the bulldog, but it is very fiddly. Trying to get the bits together when its persisting down isnt the easiest thing to do maybe its cause i've got a twin axel and there's not a lot of space to manouver the pieces between the tyres. (i've got the twin axel model I also have a motormover and its no where near fouling on that

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This clamp can be used if there is little clearance between wheel and wheel-arch, and if motor mover fitted. Waudby's are selling clamp at

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts