burford cc site, burford, oxfordshire (edge of cotswolds)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Been there - going back late May. Usual C.Club standards, handy for wild life park, Blenheim Palace and so on. Some noise from Brize Norton though not disturbing. Nothing madly outstanding about the site but we somehow felt very sad to leave.

Mike E

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Been there - going back late May. Usual C.Club standards, handy for wild life park, Blenheim Palace and so on. Some noise from Brize Norton though not disturbing. Nothing madly outstanding about the site but we somehow felt very sad to leave.

Mike E
thanks for that.what thepark like?. have you tried broadway or moreton in marsh yet?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne, Been to both sites starting with Burford , nice clean site , entrance opposite to the wild life park we did not visite as we have a dog. I being a ex RAF person likes watching the planes some huge flying around the perimeter of the site, the toilet block has a combination lock to gain acces placed rather high for young children to operate. not much of a dog walk on site allthough there are quite lanes nearby. Quite away from the local supermarkets.

Moreton - in -marsh, is within a short walking distance of the small town, the local market is very popular.The site itself has been modernised since we visited there are two toilet blocks, it is right along side a busy road, try to get a site away from the road as were kept awake a night with noisy lorries passing.

excellent childrens play area , seperate place to walk your dog

Both sites are well worth a visite.

Roy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The day we tried to visit the park was cold and wet so we did not go. We had hoped it would be the sort you can drive round but it is only walkable. I can confirm Roystons comments about Moreton. I was told that the road that runs past the toilet block at Burford is built over an old roman road and one night, some time ago, the warden making a last check heard the sound of marching legionnaires. I did'nt tell the children of course -or my wife until she had got back from refilling the aquaroll. A task normally mine but I was otherwise engaged that evening !Or something like that.

Mike E

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Enjoyed our stay at Burford, a great area. Burford nice.

Only prob the site is out of town.

When we were there wardens were working on some local walks.

Would go again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts