Burnham-on-sea C.C. Site

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Trevor

Having been to the CC site at Burnham on Sea I must admit the site is what you would expect from the Club - clean, tidy and well kept. However, there is no dog walk on site and you take 'life and limb' in your hands when walking outside the gates. The road is 'D' restricted with a series of really bad bends. There are no footpaths and the locals take great care in careering past the site at great speed (not only the youths but older generation also). I spent most of my time whilst trying to exercise my pet jumping into ditches and dragging my dog with me to avoid their dangerous practice.

Lovely site, nice area but I wouldn't return again with my much loved little dog.

As to the beach - I believe people did walk down to the beach, some with pets. I never made it though. It was far safer taking the car.

Hope this is helpful.

Ann

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All, Thanks for your reply, Think we will give that one a miss as their no footpath to walk the dogs, will try somewhere else, Thanks Trevor

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ann's post really concerns me as we are booked into Hurn Lane in July. We have a labrador and the though of taking my chances on such a dangerous lane to walk the dog does not appeal very much. Is it really that bad, and just how busy is the lane?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Julian

We will be at Hurn Lane in July with our dog, we normally turn left out of the gate and a short walk takes you to a large area of common land, we have never had a problem with traffic, we also take our dog to the beach, you can park on the beach and there is loads of space when the tide is out,perhaps we have just been luckier than Ann.

We have stayed at Hurn Lane several times, we were there last week, true there is no dog walk on the site but there is a small grass area outside & I can honestly say i have never had a problem with traffic. I only pop the the dog out there first thing in the morning & evening. The beach & sand dunes 2min's drive away are great for dogs.

The site is of a very high standard & the wardens very helpful & cheerful.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
hi stayed here last week, dont stay around the edge of the site as it backs onto unity park and there tractor train runs till 11.45pm.

i actually moved pitches because about 10 children were playing cricket and football at the front of our pitches not by there own vans or with parents. the football hit our van and the cricket ball hit the neighbours new sorento. this went on for about 3 days so i moved pitches. i did mention it to the warden before we moved pitches and i got well kids will be kids.

well im only 34 and have a 13 year old and a 5 year old and if they want to play ball games then they play ball in the play area just like the cc rules state (am i just being a party pooper or do i have a point.

jo-anne

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts