Burstner T821 Delphin - Any Info Appreciated

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi All
Am new to the forum although have used the website for advice etc for years. Have a Hymer C544K and are looking to move to a larger motorhome suitable for long stays abroad, potentially up to a year, with lots of storage. After much looking we are v keen on a burstner delphin performance T821 tag axle. Does anyone on here know anything about them or can advise? Also I am getting conflicting info on the internet about the size. Some for sale are advertised as 2.3m wide, some 2.8m yet they seem to be the same model. Was there a wider model? Burstner website is no help as they seem not to make them any more. We have only viewed one 'in the flesh' and are due to travel to see another in the next week or so. /We believe them to be well made and they certainly look so. MPG is seemingly around 25mpg which is good coming from a little bulging eyebrow box as we are! but apart from that there is not much to read about them online. Any comments much appreciated.
regards
Mollie

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Here is the full 2006 Burstner catalogue, including all of the Delfin models. It's in German, but you can easily translate the areas of interest using Google Translate: http://www.produkte24.com/images/catalogs/857/pdf_901.pdf (17Mb)

According to that all delfins are 2.3m wide, I can't imagine having a 2.8m wide van would be very feasible!

We've recently purchased a Delfin T680 and are very pleased with it. I think you would struggle to find the a brand new van that's built as solid as the Delfin.
More information on our van here:
http://www.europebycamper.com/2012/11/our-new-van-revealed.html

Hope that helps!

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi Mollie Dot,
Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your plans for longer tours. Life is for living - we approve!

We think the Burstner Delfin is 2.3m wide and that the other measurement may have included wing mirrors... but you'll soon be seeing one in the flesh, so that's ideal.

I've put a post on our Facebook page to see what motorhomes other people favour for long trips abroad (or even full-timing). Let's see what people come up with!

Have you considered buying a left-hand drive Continental motorhome, if it's for European adventures? An RV is the obvious choice for many people, because they have absolutely everything you could possibly want on board.

I'll round up any suggestions we get for you from Facebook and Twitter. Meanwhile, fellow Forum-users, what vans do you like best?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts