Butlins ... Skegness

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
its not actually in skegness its in ingomells ( static city )near to skegness . there are rows and rows of statics that have no views other than the back end of another static. im sure the butlins touring site is on the opposite side of the main road to the complex if im correct.

your best bet is to go on google earth and put the postcode in then you might have more of an idea.

jo-anne

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi it is on oppisite side of the road you go under a subway to get in butlins

we went quite a few years ago at xmas on a rally i think toilets and showers are porter cabins but we used our own

we went passed it last year in may on our way into skegness and there where not many tourers on i think there is a club same side as tourers and there is secritiy on gates

good for famliys

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We stayed at Butlins Skegy touring site about 4 years ago at Easter time as our kids wanted to go to the Spring Harvest event there.

The touring site was on the far side of the road from the main site and acessed by a tunnel. There have been demolished buildings on the site which and the foundations of some of these were used for hardstandings for statics. There is nothing on the touring site except toilets - all facilities on other side of main road, through tunnel. Very pricey as price includes free use of all the facilities on the main site.

The site was diabolical when we were there. The ground was VERY waterlogged. Our awning was 15cm deep in muddy water - it ruined our new breathable groundsheet The drinking water was only separated from the CDP point (actually just a toilet in the open air) by a rickety wooden fence. The drains were so overloaded with the heavy rain that sewage was coming up through the drain grid under the drinking water tap. To add insult to injury lots of 'vans got stuck when it was time to depart. Butlins staff did not help - caravanners towing each other off.

I complained to the site management but they just blamed the heavy rain. Wrote to Butlins head office when returned home - no joy. Several people told me it was like that every year, hwoever. Wild horses would not drag me back there.

The facilities on the main site are very good.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have been touring there for the last 5 years and are going back again this summer.The site is basic but clean.2 of the toliets are portakabins while the other an old concrete block.

For us though we dont go there for the facilities on the touring site but what you get for your money.

Swimming pool is magic,funfair,free entertainment all day and night,gorgeous beach and Skegness just along the road.

It is expensive but only if you dont use the facilities.

Give it a try

Steven

TRENDING THREADS