Buying a used caravan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are keen to buy a used 4/5 berth caravan, we thought this time of year there would be a glut as people would be thinking of changing, but we are finding it difficult, why would that be even the dealers have limited used stock?. We have tried ebay the local paper and the friday ad.If anyone knows of a goog dry van can you please let us know.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We found ours through Ad Trader web site.

As I've mentioned elsewhere here, you have to move quick!

The good ones go quick and often to dealers who trawl the net and paper ads.

Dealers turn up with cash and I understand they often persuade people to take a very low price with that carrot under their noses. One friend went to collect the van on the Monday after he had arranged to buy only to be met by the vendor who handed him his deposit as they has sold it

May 10, 2005
Visit site
Yep. I'd agree. CaravanFinder is brilliant. It has both Private and Trade vans for sale and has excellent search facilities. Good luck.

Ordered my 'new' (well new to me!) van at the weekend from Lowdham.

Oct 13, 2005
Visit site
its worth trawling the dealers websites in your area regularly, we spent all year last year doing that, we thought like you that January would be a good time to buy but it seemed the dealers didnt want to negotiate much, when we got to October and they were faced with holding the stock all winter or selling it for a bit less than they screen price they wanted to negotiate and we got a very clean , very dry, 5 berth sprite major for under 4 grand. It was the same as one we had looked at 3 months earlier that had been up for 5.5 grand which we decided was over budget. Another tip is to tell the dealer what you are looking for and the price range and give him your number, we had one or two ring us and say I have a van coming in next weekend that may suit you, its great for them because they turn the part ex van round quickly and you get first chance at the part ex

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
R us still looking for a van, I am selling our much loved 2003 challenger 490 with l shaped lounge at front and 2 bench seats at the back which makes into a double bed with bunk overhead and the l shaped into a double bed too, this van has been very well looked after and is like new inside, if interested google search caravan trader, search challenger 490 price is

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts