Buying first van

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I am considering buying my first 'van. Been looking for a long time and I am now going to take the plunge. I want a classic twin dinette 5 berth layout. Don't want too basic a model as I do want to be comfortable. Just stayed in a Bailey Ranger and it was very nice but a little basic. I am considering something like a Swift Charisma 540 or an Ace Jubilee Viceroy, although there are many others in this category I can look at. Seems that theres not much point really as they are all at around the same price, £12.5k.

I don't want to pay this. I've just seen a new Bailey Pageant Provence at a dealer for around £12.5k. This also has an 'on the road fee' of £500.

No part-ex, what should I expect to pay for this?

I'm hoping to pay £10.5 to £11k. Am I being realistic.

All comments appreciated.

Regards

Ian

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Ian,

not certain about the prices of the vans you mention, but you hold all the aces. No part ex, cash. You should choose the van you like & hagle.

The dealer will want to clear as many vans as he can as he will be getting a load of part exs in any time now.

Once you have knocked him down as far as you can (you will know this when he doesnt want hagle any more), start turning the knife by asking for extras that you need to start vaning, ie awning, water containers, gas, mains lead, spare wheel etc.

If you dont push the dealer you wont get what you need.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts