Oct 11, 2006
Visit site
I am new to caravaning and would like your help and advice on buying a 4 berth caravan,I like the look of the Bailey Bourdeax with the fixed bed, but is there anything similar around the same price. What would you suggest I would need as essentials on setting up and kitting out the caravan for taking trips so we dont forget anything, or would you suggest an older van that may be better, what do people think of the Bailey brand caravans.

Thanks Dave

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Dave,

More than likely you load's of posts about how good, bad or vaguely indifferent.

A) The practicality and features of their particular brand/model,

B) How many faults a Major purchase came with (you get some real horror stories on this site)

C) The poor customer service that people received once they've handed over their savings!!

You might like to look at the Caravan Club survey of it's members (in it's magazine some months back) as to buying habits and satisfaction it makes interesting reading. Only one UK makes near the top the rest we're made in Germany/France/Belgium etc.

I've always liked the look of Baileys only the observations of customers put me off!!

Regards

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am on my 2nd new Bailey a Series 5 Provence, and the only fault to date has abeen a duff battery charger. The 1st Bailey had no problems at all.

Fixed bed wise there the Bordeaux, Vendee/Provence (only difference is the Provence has a twin dinette rather than a fixed bed. It is also 2 feet longer than the Bordeaux, which makes a huge amount of difference. It also incorporates a separate shower.

If you have settled on a van look at the dealers, as this is more important than a coup,e of hundred quid of the purchase price. You only know how good they are at fixing faults when things go wrong.

My battery charger was reported on Monday morning, the service manager rang me Monday lunchtime and would have fixed it there and then if it had been near home. It was fixed later in the week on the same day.

Andrew

Oct 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi Andrew thanks for your reply, where did you purchase your vans from, and are there any dealers you would stay clear of, I live in worthing west sussex

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
I think your choice of Bailey and Bourdeax is a good one - most people are sold on fixed beds once they have tried them, we certainly were with our Olklahoma. Baileys seem to be neither better or worse in quality than Swift and Hymer models that we have owned - value for money is very good though.

The point on Dealers has been made and although it's a fair way from you I would recommend Berkshire Caravans in Reading - you will get a good discount on new or used if no p/ex and on new they will also give you a voucher for accessories - useful because you are going to need a battery, gas bottles, aquarol, hitchlock, wheel clamp and waste container and thats just for the essentials.

Good luck and happy vanning

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts