c c sites

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
We are new to caravanning and have just booked our first couple of trips, however none of them are CC sites as their sites didn't seem to be at the locations that we wanted to go. We have gone for sites with lots of childrens facilities. Can anyone tell me what is the advantage of going to a CC site and as newcomers should we be going to them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Denise the CC sites we have visited don't always have much in the way of facitiies for children. Most do have a play area, and the children do seem to keep amused on their bikes. What you will get from a CC site is quality. The sites are excellent, and the facilities are immaculately maintained, and the wardens usually very friendly. We always stay on CC sites and would happily return to every site we have visited. We have however stayed on a couple of commercial sites, and would certainly never go back again. All you can do is try one for yourself and see what you think. Everybody has different expectations of what they want from a site, but I can fully recomend the Caravan Club.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Denise

We use the caravan club because basically you know what you're going to get. You never set off on holiday wondering what the sites going to be like. But Julians correct in saying that the facilities often don't cater for evening entertainment and kids etc.I'd try it for a season and see what you think - it all depends what you want for your holiday.

C

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I thought that would be the case. One of the sites we are visiting is a CC affiliated site so hopefully that will be ok and the other is Wooda Farm near Bude Cornwall. Thanks again. Denise

Jan 23, 2006
Visit site
Reply to Denise

You may like to try the cc site in south devon called

Hillhead, it`s a fairly new site that the club have developed

over the last couple of years, they have facilities to keep

the family happy---give it a try !!

Also Looe cc site is also very good and family friendly !!

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
One thing you do get with the CC sites is flexibility. If you book for a week, and it pours down or for some other reason you need to go home before your week is up, the CC will refund your money for the nights you have not used. apart from that, you know that whichever site you go to, as others have said, the facilities will be spotless and the wardens invariably helpful. You will never have to 'hope for the best', or be disappointed by the facilities. Also, as a member, you can book online, 24 hours a day, which is also useful if you are out at work all day, and unable to contact the Club during the day. We have been members for almost 20 years now, and mainly use CL sites, which only take 5 caravans at a time. It is probably worth looking into this, if you have been unable to find Main sites where you want them.

G

I can say all the above statement are correct since moving into caravanning from Trailer tent and folding camper 3yrs ago I joined the C C for the excellent standard of their sites.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You can be assured that all Caravan Club sites are without exception of a very high standard with well maintained facilities ie clean showers and toilets. The standards on private sites is in my experience patchy some are of a very high standard and some are really dreadful!and there is no real way of finding which is which before you visit ,and then it is too late.I now stick to Carvan Club Sites or almost as good Camping and Caravan club sites.

G

You will find the CC sites excellent, as has alrady been mentioned. The only slight 'kicker' that annoys me is the sign at the gates of most of them which says' non members welcome'. I would like a caveat to be added which says' except at weekends and peak seasons'. It is annoying to find sites full when you have paid your dues. Although booking early is an answer, it is not always possible to plan that far ahead.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts