C&CC Deposits

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
We've just booked our June hols on the C&CC website. The total deposits taken were over £62, the balance is only just over £90 so why such a large deposit? I know that the CC don't take deposits at all but surely there must be a happy medium?

Also because of the booking system we've had to book sites with an awning when we have no intention of putting up an awning for a one night stopover. And it's called "The friendly Club"?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I guess that the reason you are paying that percentage in deposits is because you are booking a number of sites and there is a small deposit on each one.

The club is understanding and if there are reasons that you cannot turn up then I would think they will credit you with the deposits.

I have found club sites to be expensive for a single night stop over especially if you turn up at 8pm and are gone 12 hours later. You may not even want electric but it is in with the pitch price etc and of course they charge by the person. I tend to look for a CL/CS type sites for the night stop but it is not always convinient and I guess that is what the club sites are.

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
W've only booked three sites and one of them is for stopovers at both ends as it's too far for us to travel comfortably in one day. In contrast we've just booked a winter holiday in Italy for next March costing around

May 22, 2006
Visit site
Sounds like an error somewhere, we booked 14 nights at Moreton C&CC site last week in June and the first week in July (mid season) we both qualify for age concession. Total cost with EHU

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It would appear then that the overnight halts have been paid in full and a 25% deposit on the 3rd site?

Its a difficult subject when taking in the discussions regarding the CC and multi bookings and no shows.

The full payment of the overnight stays may be to compensate for turning someone away who's stay would straddle the night?

I thought that the C&CC mandated that a number of pitches were always available for one nighters as it was primarily a touring club.

Each club do it differently, one taking deposits and one not with complaints of no shows and vacant pitches at peak dates.

Dec 8, 2007
Visit site
Country Lass,

Why haven't you rung the C&CC and asked for an explanation?

Personally, we only use CS/CL, but occasionally use a C&CC site, the CC are too expensive.

Margaret W

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
Country Lass,

Why haven't you rung the C&CC and asked for an explanation?

Personally, we only use CS/CL, but occasionally use a C&CC site, the CC are too expensive.

Margaret W
Margaret

If I'd been able to 'phone the C&CC in the daytime I'd not have needed to book online. My point was that each of the three consecutive bookings had a separate deposit and for the one night stopover we had to pay the whole lot.

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
Margaret

If I'd been able to 'phone the C&CC in the daytime I'd not have needed to book online. My point was that each of the three consecutive bookings had a separate deposit and for the one night stopover we had to pay the whole lot.
Presumably the deposits have been taken per the terms and conditions of the C&CC so I don't really see what the problem is. Pay more now, pay less later or vice versa, same total in the end.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts