C & CC search engine

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Does any one find the new C & CC search engine easier to use than the old one? I am find it to be a frustrating experience to do online booking and it is easier now to phone the site direct as it keeps your blood pressure down. I know that according to an email received from them that i will grow to love it, but when as at the moment I hate it!
For CS site we now use http://www.5vanmap.com/ as a lot easier

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Sufer
totally agree. why the request for so much info. if it was really clever it would know how long my caravan is. i really think the new search engine is a backward step for the club, and it has got to the stage where i tend to book with the other club as i cannot be arsed to faff around on the booking website.
While i am on my soap box, many, many months ago teh C&CC club took the sat nav poi's off the site for updating, this was about six months ago.... How long does it take, i have e-mailed the club before Christmas and still waiting a reply. perhaps i will vote with my feet

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Val A. said:
TonyG You can get over 30,000 campsite POI's - including Caravan Club, and Caravan and Camping Club sites, CL's and CS's, from http://www.archiescampings.eu/eng1/.
thank Val i have used Archies to download Camping Cheque and ACSI. I have CC Club but cannot find Caravan and camping Club, looked on website (Obviously not looking in the right place)
can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Tony - Sorry, I can't. I don't actually use the website, but do know it contains details of Caravan and Camping Club sites. Perhaps someone else can help you locate them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I recently booked a site on line with C &CC
After filling in all the deatails and paying the deposit I was invited to print a page for my records
It printed a blank sheet as the instructions to print for records was information and wasn't set to print and the statement wasn't shown!
I then looked under"View Bookings" to find they they were sorry that this popular feature was tempoarily unavailable and so had to phone to find out if my on line booking was made
Not very user friendly from the Friendly Club

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I did a booking search last night.
30 mile radius of birmingham... it came up with a camping site in St Hellier, Jersey.
don't know why i bothered!!
smiley-yell.gif

Di3

Jul 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi All
Tried booking two sites on C&CC web stie yesterday gave up. Agree its a step back.....Wonder how much research they did before making the changes??

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone off the top of their head, know the length & height of their car and why the C & CC need to know this? I booked a site in November and put my Landcruiser as 1m long + 1m height, The wardens just grinned! That's progress.

TRENDING THREADS