C&CC Site Oban

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone been here. Looking at it for this summer hols. Me, OH and 11 year old lad. Need a mix of peace and quiet and something to occupy the lad. All help appreciated. Is it far from here to a sandy beach? Will we be eaten alive by miges?

Thanks

mel

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
We've been there twice, not recently though!

When we went we found it to be nice and quiet, I wouldn't say there would be much for an 11 year old to do, apart from exploring the surrounding woodland walks. I don't know how far you would have to travel for a sandy beach, but there is a sea life centre nearby.

If you are going during the summer holidays, then I would strongly advise plenty of insect repellent - the midges are quite bad!!

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Wendy, thats helpful. Having second thoughts and may try somewhere that has a bit more for the lad. Trouble is we don't want the high energy parks like Haven but we do want the pool and entertainment for our boy. Penny and bun job really!

thanks again

mel

Feb 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi Mel,

We live just south of Oban and the town itself has got a few things to do, but the site is our of town a bit.

We like the CC site at Bunree - very clean good pitches etc and you can walk to three pubs one of which you need to take the ferry to, so adds to the experience.

It is about 9 miles south of Fort William where there is most things you could want. Adventure sports are very close by one good company is Vertical Limits - they do great things and our boys 11 and 12 love it. Paint Ball Quads Cannyoning etc. Lovely walks to straight from the site.

We are booked to go back again this Easter. Hope you all have a lovely holiday no matter where you choose.

Best wishes Alison

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
TO MEL re OBAN. Last summer we stayed right on the beach at North Ledaig but we went to visit my sis staying on the CCC site. It was much more sheltered and people were able to site outside whereas a few miles down the road at N Legaig it was wild weather(right by sea) We actually seen the benefits that year of being near a beach but not too close! The CCC site was quieter but had a nice feel about it.The only thing was we couldnt see a park and as we have children 6 and 3 this is inmportant to us.I would check this out. 4 mile from Oban.Lovely ferry to Mull.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks alison and caroline. Considering a more "high action" park for the long hol now as lad easily bored, especially when surgically removed from X box! I'll keep oban in mind for a shorter break. Thanks again

mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
3, what a lovely age. Our lad is fostered and my birth children are now grown up and don't come away with us very often. This means he is effectively an only child. So while we would like the peace and quiet park we need to find somewhere where he will meet other children. Can't go anywhere too manic though as he won't cope with it, (and I'll hate it).

mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts