C&mc Chatswoth

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We fancied a spring week here. Just been on and all weekends taken until Welll into the summer. Rats! I should have stayed up all night with the mouse poised :( :(

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Dustydog said:
We fancied a spring week here. Just been on and all weekends taken until Welll into the summer. Rats! I should have stayed up all night with the mouse poised :( :(

You could always forego modern technology and use a dog & bone to speak to the wardens. If, like another honeypot we get into despite it being always fully booked, the old fashioned method works. When we went to Chatsworth in the summer school holidays, another supposedly fully booked period, we used the tele bone about 3 weeks earlier, actually spoke to a real live person who was more than capable of taking our booking, something the Frenzy Day and online system said was fully booked.

Go on ring, you never know.

btw the time we were at Chatsworth in the school summer holidays we had a fully serviced pitch, in a row that was 40% occupied, and the whole site was 68% occupied. Must be all those block bookers who fill it up on Frenzy Day then cancel before the 72 hour witch hunt.

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
Never understand how the CMC allow cancellations without any form of payment up to 72 hours before the pitch should be occupied, with the hope that members are just waiting on a cancelled pitch and can drop everything to book and arrive. Doesn't make financial sense.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Chatsworth is one of a number of CMHC sites that always get booked up very early on Frenzy Day. I've been successful using a phone call a week or two beforehand. But if I want to guarantee a pitch in my chosen area then my other options are CS/CL or a commercial site where there are now some very good ones at minimal price difference to the CMHC.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I know what you mean , ask on the phone as the other week I had to cancel the site in York and I done it online but it never showed cancelled on the website so I actually rang and spoke to the warden who were great to to confirm and rebook, her screen was showing different to mine so don't take that online booking for granted . there once was a working farmCL site we were booked into up beside Bamburgh Castle and we had to send a cheque off for £25.oo to pay for it well before 2/3 weeks in advance of getting there.

Craig .

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
The Grouse and Claret pub on the A6 at Rowsley have a caravan site at the back. Facilities limited but pub is nice and has a dog friendly area. Its a couple of miles walk along the river, passing by the garden centre and Calton Lees car park, to Chatsworth House.

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
We have stayed on Bridge Farm Caravan site between Bakewell and Buxton just off the A6. Drive passed Chatsworth and follow on for about 30 mins.
Very clean site with full amenities and better priced than Chatsworth it is well placed for the Monsall trail.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Alan, forget Chatsworth and go to Cloverfields near Buxton instead. Lovely adults only site. Walkable to Buxton ( if you are feeling fit) and a short drive to anywhere in the Peaks that you fancy.
Mel

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Lynnybobs said:
The Grouse and Claret pub on the A6 at Rowsley have a caravan site at the back. Facilities limited but pub is nice and has a dog friendly area. Its a couple of miles walk along the river, passing by the garden centre and Calton Lees car park, to Chatsworth House.

Yes nice site but the pub is not dog friendly, you can sit out side but not in the bar with the dogs. Last time we were there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts