C250 thetford replacing white seal bracket.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Decided to purchase a brand new Thetford C250 fresh up kit , consisting wheeled toilet , it comes complete with a toilet seat, , cassette tank cleaner, and bathroom cleaner , it also comes with a replacement white seal bracket , which fits under the toilet bowl,
You get a coloured instruction leaflet explain push 1cm to the left to withdraw the bracket, tried all sorts of pressure but unable to shift it, Has anybody else had the same experience and managed to replace this bracket

Many thanks Royston

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Royston.
Plastic fittings that have been in place a while get hard and do stick.
I haven't changed the part myself but have found the waste tank top hard to undo.I was surprised at the amount of effort required.
Before you break anything may I suggest a quick call to Thetford.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi DustyDog,

Many thanks for your reply, I totally agree plastic parts ex specially on the C250 cassette , had a problem where the seals had deteriorated , so I decided to undo the top part where you are supposed to move it round to the next dot, to open up the internal area and gain access to the seals, put the slider in between the guide slots to turn the movable part, it would not budge so I gave it a extra push, and hey presto one of the guide slots broke away hence purchase of new cassette.
I will try and phone Thetford if not I will try our local caravan fitter, must fit the replacement white seal bracket, to stop leakage around the cassette.
Royston

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dustdog,
could not locate Thetford help telephone number, so decided to have one last attempt to remove the bracket much to my surprise the bracket clicked to the left had a bit of a struggle to get the bracket of due to one of the self tapping screws that baileys use to assemble various parts laying inside the bracket.
Did a check with a mirror no screws missing so I fitted the new bracket in seconds , proud owner of new c250 cassette that works ok.

Royston

TRENDING THREADS