Caen to Burgundy via Paris

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
The RAC route planner I use wants to send us round the central peripherique which I do not fancy. Multimap shows the A86 as the 'peripherique de l'ile de france' from A13 to A6 which looks better but some other maps do not show it. Anyone used this? Thanks

Richard

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
try using the michelin web site for their routes, they are far better than multimap, we have used them the previous 5 years but i tried the multimap ones this year due to a printer problem and they were aweful

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
If you can manage a little French use www.autoroutes.fr and select that you are towing a caravan and that you don't want to use Autoroutes (Express as they call it.) Put a waypoint in that is away from Paris and you should be OK.

Suggestion: go Le Mans, Bourges, and then wherever in Burgundy. The municipal in Bourges is a good site about 10-15mins walk out of the city centre - a very pleasant and slightly up-market place but not big.

In Burgundy there is an acceptable municipal at Verdun-sur-le-Daubs. Sits on the island between the confluence of the Saone and the Daubs. Largish quiet site with much tree cover. Facilities are a bit aged but well clean and free. Electric is (from memory) 10A. Small but pleasant town centre is 5 mins walk. Best bit is that it is away from the holiday areas (about 10m SE of Beaune) but on good fast roads. Chalons-sur-Saone is a good centre and sits at the middle of Burgundy with Macon to the south and Beaune, Nuits St Georges and Dijon to the north.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Agree with mike. The site is www.viamichelin.com and you can get it in english. You can choose shortest or fastest routes. The way to make such sites avoid areas like paris is to put in an intermediate destination along the route you wish to travel: you don't of course, actually have to go there.

Michelin will give you a route print out with signs as they actually are (with the possible exception of the current major road re-numbering) and also current major roadworks.

Bonne Route !

TRENDING THREADS