Cairngorms,Scotland

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Glad you enjoyed your break. We visit Aviemore each summer and stay on Rothiemurchus camp site. Lovely site and great walks. Which site did you stay on?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Del,

stayed at Rothiemurchus,I agree,its a good site.We use this site 3-4 times a year.As you say,great walking for all ages and levels of fitness.

I read that the Glenmore Site further up the ski road has been upgraded but to be honest did'nt really like the look of it on a previous visit.

Although we have'nt stayed there,just did'nt get a good feel for it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We usualy go for a pitch in the forest area, only downside this year was the booster system for the TV .

As for the toilet and shower block in the forest area , they are the cleanest and smartest we have ever seen.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You have brought back memories of a trip up there one January, stayed on the forestry commission site, the loch was frozen plus the ground. The visibility was crystal clear, the day after we left there were blizzards which was a shame for we had gone up there to see the husky dog races but as there was no snow they had to race on the wheeled sleds.

My wife got great pleasure from going to the cafe and watch the red squirrels.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts