Calais campsite suggestions?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have stayed at Manoir de Senleques many times and it's a great shame that this site is now closed. We shall miss the welcome from Gaby each time we arrived.

Does anyone please have suggestions for an alternative, still near-ish to Boulogne, Cite d'Europe side of Calais.

As our van goes straight into storage it's good to have a couple of days peace and quiet on a decent, secure site to sort out the van before getting the ferry home ..... and of course there's always a little shopping to do.......

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
We always stop at Bien Assise at Guines when travelling home from Calais - it is only about 25 mins from the docks and 15 mins from Cite Europe. Chateau Gandspette takes camping cheques in low season and although close to Calais (just of the A26) it is quite a fair distance from Cite Europe and therefore may not be so convenient for the shopping!

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
Like you, as we use the A16 autoroute to and from our holiday's, we were also regulars of the Manoir de Senleques and because we use a nearby vet we also wanted to find a site on that side of Calais. Therefore, on our last visit, we had a look round for alternatives and found what appears to be a pleasant site which you may like to look at .

http://www.camping-caravaning-du-chateau.com/modulosite2/fiche.php?id=548&fr=1
It's less than four miles from the autoroute and using the autoroute, 26 miles ( half an hour ) to the tunnel.

If that doesn't work out, we shall have a try .

http://www.campingstlouis.com
which has been recommended to us being only about 12 miles from the tunnel but not so convenient if you use the A16 autoroute.

If anyone has experience of the Caravanning du Chateau it would be welcome to me ( and hopefully to Chris H )

Olly.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Caravanning du Chateau campsite is very welcoming and pictures of it may be found here. There's a good supermarket within 500 m.

I went to it after having a big operation, and it saved my sanity (it wasn't a brain operation though).

K91

Jul 16, 2006
Visit site
So Gabby has finally retired, he's be threatening to do so for ages, such a shame, always a friendly welcome and the visit to "office" to settle up. I'll for one will miss our stop over at Manoir de Senleques (not the showers though!) our visits were tinged with a bit of sadness as it always marked the end of the holiday.

Perhaps he is going to do a bit of re pointing on the Manoir, that should keep him busy in retirement!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts