Calor Light

Nov 9, 2008
Visit site
I am currently using Calor Gas 7KG bottles. If I want to change to Calor Lite, do I have to change the regulator. Has anybody used the new cylinders and what do you think?

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I swapped earlier this year. The regulator is the same, and the gas in in a lighter bottle and has a gauge on it. Not sure how good the gauge is, time will tell. The cost is approx

G

Be careful. 7kg Calor cylinders are full of Butane. Propane ones weigh 6 kg. Calor Lite is full of propane. See other thread for more information.

Nov 9, 2008
Visit site
Be careful. 7kg Calor cylinders are full of Butane. Propane ones weigh 6 kg. Calor Lite is full of propane. See other thread for more information.
Sorry if I sound dull, but not sure what exactly what you mean. Can you explain. Thanks.

JTS

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Grandad,

I think Scotch Lad was just advising you the difference in the bottles - not a hazard warning. If you change from butane to propane you will need to alter your connections. It depends on how old your van is, if it is pre 2004 you will need to change your regulator which will connect direct to your propane bottle. If your van is 2004 on all you need to do is change the tail from your built-in regulator to the bottle. Your supplier/local van dealer will advise you.

Good luck.

JTS.

G

Indeed so, many thanks.

The question was repeated somewhere else and I made a full reply there similar to what you have just explained, but it seems to have 'vanished'.

Nov 9, 2008
Visit site
Grandad,

I think Scotch Lad was just advising you the difference in the bottles - not a hazard warning. If you change from butane to propane you will need to alter your connections. It depends on how old your van is, if it is pre 2004 you will need to change your regulator which will connect direct to your propane bottle. If your van is 2004 on all you need to do is change the tail from your built-in regulator to the bottle. Your supplier/local van dealer will advise you.

Good luck.

JTS.
Thanks JTS. Much appreciated. Grandad.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts