Calor to Flogas

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a Sterling Europa 620 2008 vintage. What fittings would i need to start using Flogas?
Cost wise it may be worth the change. I often go on no electric sites.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Paul,

Welcome to the forum, please don't hesitate to ask questions or join in with any of the topics.

Your gas question, It shouldn't cost a lot to change.but the cost will depend on what you have already. I'm not certain of the change over date, but older gas systems used to fit the gas regulator directly to the cylinders, in which case all you would need to get is a regulator that fits the fFlogas gas bottles. If you have the newer system, where the regulator is bolted to the caravan bulk head, then you would need to get the appropriate high pressure gas pipes (known as pig tails)and couplings for the Fflogas.

All these parts should be readily available either at your flow gas supplier or caravan dealer and I guess the cost should be under £50.there might fitting charges - consult your dealers.

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Sorted out. Red cylinders Calor or Flogas have the same pigtail, took calor out of the van and the flogas took its place. £5 full from the refuse yard. :)

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Yes Flo-gas use exactly the same fittings as Calor so the age of the van is irrelevent. The only hang up might be physically fitting Flo-gas's 11 kg cylinder if you want to save money.

Ring round your local Flo-gas retailers who sell to the roofing and building trades, you might like the prices relative to Calor's leisure markets retailers price.
Even better if you are in the CC join your local Centres listing which in some cases have excellent deals with Flo-gas depots.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
If going abroad take a 6Kg Flogas Propane and a 3.9Kg Calor, then if your 6Kg runs out you will still have the Calor available. You can get Calor anywhere in the UK from Morrisons upwards, but FloGas can be a little more hard to find.
This is all because Calor saw a market opportunity a few years back and will now only allow 6Kg to be exchanged for 6Kg - you can swap sizes with any others (i.e. take in a 3.9Kg and leave with a 13Kg) but not for a 6Kg.
CampingGaz as a backup is horrendously expensive, but if you have a fixed regulator then all you will need is a butane pigtail as the regulator is universal. Pigtails are cheaper in France than here.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts