Camber Sands Holiday Park

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi baldylocks,we live few miles from there.Have not been on the camp but holiday times it is very busy around there . Great for children as beach accross road, miles of sand plus harbour(Rye)to the right.For those without children and you want to see the "sights" Rye is a lovely place with lots of intresting things to see and do.The other side of the harbour is a very long stretch of sand which attracts the bird watchers and others.We seem to enjoy the better weather also.Sorry that i cannot give answer to your question on camp at the moment.

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
Hi Baldylocks, we went september last year. Its a little remote besides the Park resorts site and Butlins down the road but not a bad spot really. The beach is accross the road and is lovely and clean, allot of shingle for the first 20 or so metres which drops down to the beach area. My daughter loved it and there were plenty of 'pools' left for her to play in when the tied went out.

The touring site left us a little disappointed, there had obviously been bad weather during the summer and allot of the grass was compacted mud with tyre tracks in (if you know what i mean). The site warden was very friendly and placed us at the top end as we were one of a few staying for 10+ days, we found out later that it was because it did'nt flood there. (or so we were told). Park resorts like Haven like to get you to trade in your tourer for a static, but we weren't harrassed regarding this, I do feel though that the touring park felt a little rejected. The shower block and toilets seemed warm and clean enough (not brilliant) but to be honest we didn't use them. We used on board facilities. One thing which annoyed me was that you had to empty your brown water in the same place as the chemical toilet. This was ok, although there was only a plastic pipe to hold to flush out the tank holder so I did invest in some disposable gloves. The chemical toilet was a toilet like vessel which was about 3 ft off the floor and was difficult to lift your waste hog up to to empty. I lost the top off mine as I was supporting it with one hand and un screwing the cap with the other. If you have a bad back or leave the waste hog till its too full you would be in difficulty. Plenty of 240v hook ups which didn't frip out, but only a few fresh water taps which you we not allowed to empty your brown water into.

We have used several Park resort and Haven sites and have enjoyed all of them. We always go out of season and never pay the full prices. Book early of leave to the last minute. So far we have not had to pay more than

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
Nice beaches, when the tied is in its just pebbles and shingle when its out its flat and leaves a few pools. Nts was nice and cleqn when we were there. Further westwards the beach opens inland and there is a nice cafe etc with play equipment. Take a look at google earth, its a good tool to view the surrounding area.

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
Nice beaches, when the tied is in its just pebbles and shingle when its out its flat and leaves a few pools. Nts was nice and cleqn when we were there. Further westwards the beach opens inland and there is a nice cafe etc with play equipment. Take a look at google earth, its a good tool to view the surrounding area.
sorry about my spelling, I've had a few bacardis!!!

Jan 5, 2008
Visit site
Don't know where Peter has been - must have been the bacardi's. If its the Camber Sands that we live about 10 miles from, just east of Rye, its one of the sandiest beaches around. When its hot in the summer you would think you were somewhere in the med. It gets extremely busy in the summer, and sometimes they close the roads in to stop too many people. The only stoney beach is just as you leave Camber, which is probably opposite the site and stretches to Jurys Gap. Both beaches a couple of minutes walk. Its a Pontins down the road. Rye 10 mins down the road is an old historic town which used to boast the most pubs per square mile, not sure if this still stands, but there are definatly loads. If you want a great pub with great food, real ale and views of the Brede Valley, try the 16th century Queens Head at Icklesham between Rye and Hastings. Telegraph pub of the year 2006 for Meridian Region. But I would say that seeing as I own it!

P.S. Camber Sands pretty bleak out of season.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can't comment on the site at Camber but I can comment about the beach at Camber as I spent half my childhood on it.

I lived on Romney Marsh. Rye (just up the road from Camber) is a beautifully historic place, the architecture is fabulous. You must visit the Mermaid Inn although the restaurant is v expensive.

There's a brilliant pub in Snargate (Kent) - the Red Lion run by Doris (if she's still alive) sells real ales. The actual bar is tiny but they have a beer garden (well they did last time I was there five years ago). If you go there, say Lisa, Gordon Mcclean's daughter recommended it.

There's some beautiful countryside inland (Kent) particularly Sissinghurst, then there's Peasmarsh (East Sussex, home of Sir Paul Macartney).

I might be taking a trip 'back home' this year.

Let us know how you get on.

Lisa

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
Lee and Yvette, the original question was regarding Camber Sands holiday park. I gave an account of the beach directly opposite this park!!! (I'll give OS grid co-ordinates next time ;-) ).

I agree the beach further westwards extends in land, which I think is nearer to Camber sands (town!!) was lovely and clean, my post didn't say any different. I also referred to google earth and you can quite clearly see the area in relation to the camp site. If you wanted to go on the beach when the tied was in you would face a fairly arduous walk along the stone and shingle (which, I think, constitutes the sea defences)or a car journey round to the car park and pay a parking fee. Not knocking the place or the beach, as I said I would go again but to take a caravan on the camp site (and just to make sure were talking about the right one - it was the Park Resorts site) I would probably avoid high season and paying expensive pitching fees.

Jan 5, 2008
Visit site
Lee and Yvette, the original question was regarding Camber Sands holiday park. I gave an account of the beach directly opposite this park!!! (I'll give OS grid co-ordinates next time ;-) ).

I agree the beach further westwards extends in land, which I think is nearer to Camber sands (town!!) was lovely and clean, my post didn't say any different. I also referred to google earth and you can quite clearly see the area in relation to the camp site. If you wanted to go on the beach when the tied was in you would face a fairly arduous walk along the stone and shingle (which, I think, constitutes the sea defences)or a car journey round to the car park and pay a parking fee. Not knocking the place or the beach, as I said I would go again but to take a caravan on the camp site (and just to make sure were talking about the right one - it was the Park Resorts site) I would probably avoid high season and paying expensive pitching fees.
Ooops sorry if we offended Peter. Will buy you a bacardi next time you are this way!

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
Ooops sorry if we offended Peter. Will buy you a bacardi next time you are this way!
No offence taken, just trying to be as accurate as possible. Will probably be down south (in your region) sometime in the summer and would rather sample some of your real ale.

Jan 5, 2008
Visit site
No offence taken, just trying to be as accurate as possible. Will probably be down south (in your region) sometime in the summer and would rather sample some of your real ale.
Not a problem only got our caravan a week ago never done it before booking 3 short breaks tonight and what i have found most enjoyable so far is how helpfull and freindly people are all the best happy new year to you i will have that pint waiting

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
Not a problem only got our caravan a week ago never done it before booking 3 short breaks tonight and what i have found most enjoyable so far is how helpfull and freindly people are all the best happy new year to you i will have that pint waiting
All the best to you as well. We bought our caravan shortly after our daughters first birthday (2 1/2 years ago) and we love it. I have used this web site for lots of information and its is a great source of advice.

Enjoy your holiday/s thats whats its all about.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts