CAMC Avtec sat nav

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone got one of these and if so how do you rate it, particularly for use in Europe.

I assume it retains the basic Garmin menus and set up ?

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
We have had this one for nearly 6 years now and it is spot on and very accurate as to seconds countdown to where you need to be bought for Christmas present but I would imagine one and all are pretty good , have used in France and all over and is excellent , well worth the money spent .

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
RayS said:
Has anyone got one of these and if so how do you rate it, particularly for use in Europe.

I assume it retains the basic Garmin menus and set up ?

I bought one at the NEC in Feb, it's the standard Garmin with added POI info (CAMC sites, ACSI, to name but a few) Can't comment on Europe, and I've only used on a 17mile each way trip, but first impressions are good.

I'm a big Garmin fan as I use the kit in the Marine context, and support is excellent...

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’ve used Garmin satnavs now for 10 years and have always found them to be accurate and trouble free. The frequent updates mean that they are mostly far more up to date than many in car units.

I also like the way I can preprogram a route using my computer and Garmins Basecamp software. That way I can determine the route that I wish to follow. However on arriving near to a site I always follow the sites own instructions and do a recce using Google Earth Streetview.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts