CAMC insurance award

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That’s a useful listing. It comes at the time that britains largest travel insurer , Travel Insurance Facilities have been stopped from operating its emergency assistance service and handling new claims. TIF operates around 45 travel insurance companies and has been found to have a large number of customer complaints upheld by the Ombudsman. Around. 50% and way above the industry average. Also it was in the media when some seriously ill customers were not moved to appropriate medical facilities or air evacuated back home for treatment. There were deaths. Problem is how do customers who use comparison sites know which travel insurers belong to TIF. I tend to be a bit conservative when it comes to insurance, reputation rather than price being my principal criteria. It’s stood us in good stead for two car write offs, storm damage to a roof, and two domestic floods where the insurer came up trumps and eased what could be difficult events.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I read that TIF ban by the FCA last week. Worrying that is still happening today. Especially with imo uncertainties on overseas travel with C19. Our caravans have always been insured through the Caravan Club as was and CAMC today. Why? As you say , probably more expensive but their cover is very wide and their attitude to claims more reasonable and “forgiving/ flexible” than most.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Not sure why the CAMC is on a list of insurers as they do not sell caravan insurance? They sell caravan Cover?
The new law regarding that all insurance policy customers whether new or old should pay the same probably will not apply to CAMC as again they do not sell insurance so they can still offer lower prices to newcomers than to existing customers.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Not sure why the CAMC is on a list of insurers as they do not sell insurance? They sell caravan Cover?
The new law regarding that all insurance policy customers whether new or old should pay the same probably will not apply to CAMC as again they do not sell insurance so they can still offer lower prices to newcomers than to existing customers.
CMHC do sell insurance for motorhomes, travel, home, pet etc. You are right about Caravan Cover strictly not being insurance, but as has been discussed many times before the customer does have all of the protections afforded by a conventional insurance. But do CMHC treat new customers mor favourably than existing ones? Never seen anything like that on their website, and I don’t believe they advertise on the comparison sites.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
CMHC do sell insurance for motorhomes, travel, home, pet etc. You are right about Caravan Cover strictly not being insurance, but as has been discussed many times before the customer does have all of the protections afforded by a conventional insurance. But do CMHC treat new customers mor favourably than existing ones? Never seen anything like that on their website, and I don’t believe they advertise on the comparison sites.
Insurance doesn’t have to be underwritten by a plc corporate Insurance Company. Eg most HMG vehicles including the armed forces are “insured”by HMG. The RTA says you do not need to insure your vehicle if you deposit £xxx with the Secretary General of HMG. ( it may have changed). CAMC is governed by the FCA . As Clive says it is merely an alternative form of bona fide Insurance

Reactions: otherclive
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why the CAMC is on a list of insurers as they do not sell caravan insurance? They sell caravan Cover?
I think your definition of selling insurance is far too tight. There is no doubt they have one of the best caravan offerings and excellent service though which is why they consistently come up on top.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts