CAMC site - 1hr + wait?!

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
A number of CLs over the last couple of years have installed payg meters on the EHU. They are inexpensive to install and give certainty to both parties. Other sites I’ve been offered EHU for an extra £5.00 a day. Last winter £5.00 lasted us 24 hours with everything on. We were warm. I expect that to double this winter. At least we are in control.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I did try the booking procedure yesterday and it worked perfectly well for me, but I would prefer the old system. I hope the teething troubles are over but I am afraid they are almost inevitable with complex new systems.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I did try the booking procedure yesterday and it worked perfectly well for me, but I would prefer the old system. I hope the teething troubles are over but I am afraid they are almost inevitable with complex new systems.
Relax Ray. The Annual weekender bookers are over. Normal service had been resumed🤪

Mar 3, 2022
Visit site
Relax Ray. The Annual weekender bookers are over. Normal service had been resumed🤪

I sincerely hope that this is NOT the new normal service!
Went on looking for a CL this afternoon. Spent best part of an hour going round in circles trying to find one suitable!
Gave up on the Club website and decided to go via google! Funny how there was suddenly loads sites with all relevant information available!
The Club website currently isn't fit for purpose!

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
Just log in online and and if you put Find Uk Campsite & Caravan sites and as you follow the page down you will see CL sites
Yes, I did that, and entered Leicestershire in the search, which seemed to just populate the left hand pain with sites from notts, and staffs and northants with a couple of Leicestershire ones scattered about.
Then spotted that the map had hot links so clicked on some of those but details like electric hook up missing from some and very few had pricing per night.
I'll just use the book and a phone

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have been a member with both clubs for some years but now we have stopped caravanning which one would be best to keep on , because we are looking at holiday cottages and lodges with a enclosed garden ,what would your views be on this ?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have been a member with both clubs for some years but now we have stopped caravanning which one would be best to keep on , because we are looking at holiday cottages and lodges with a enclosed garden ,what would your views be on this ?
Difficult to advise. Best to look at what each club offers wrt lodges, or outfitted self contained pods. They both do them but from my reading of the clubs magazines the CCC seem to have the edge. One we have used is Groupon where there are some good offers particularly now we are going into the season end. At present we are looking at a night in a nice hotel next to Coventry Cathedral at £55 for two including full breakfast. Less than half the Travelodge price. If you don’t want breakfast included it’s £37 per night for two people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beachball
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Neither are primarily for holiday cottages with gardens. Unless you enjoy their magazines and websites why continue? As Clive says you will have to look elsewhere? My sister uses a lot of the various cottage websites eg Sykes and U.K. cottages.

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Neither are primarily for holiday cottages with gardens. Unless you enjoy their magazines and websites why continue? As Clive says you will have to look elsewhere? My sister uses a lot of the various cottage websites eg Sykes and U.K. cottages.
Hi Dusty That it i like the magazines but is that enough to keep paying for both each year because at present i am looking at cottage.com , Which Cottage.com Airbnb, and a few more thanks for the information

Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Difficult to advise. Best to look at what each club offers wrt lodges, or outfitted self contained pods. They both do them but from my reading of the clubs magazines the CCC seem to have the edge. One we have used is Groupon where there are some good offers particularly now we are going into the season end. At present we are looking at a night in a nice hotel next to Coventry Cathedral at £55 for two including full breakfast. Less than half the Travelodge price. If you don’t want breakfast included it’s £37 per night for two people.
Hi Clive that a great price for two including full breakfast and thanks for the advice about CCC

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Both clubs have a number of cottages on some sites but the numbers are small. I doubt membership is worthwhile for what they have and personally I would just go with one of the regular providers of cottages although I am pretty sure if there is a club site where you want one, they do not require membership to rent them.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Both clubs have a number of cottages on some sites but the numbers are small. I doubt membership is worthwhile for what they have and personally I would just go with one of the regular providers of cottages although I am pretty sure if there is a club site where you want one, they do not require membership to rent them.
i have check both clubs and we think one might be the way to go and CCC is looking more favourable at present and cottages.com

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts