Camp site sounds

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I have posted before about how noisy the site is in July,August. Now in October it is the opposite. It is silant after 1800 hrs. Wife looks at Corrie and Eastenders, then if there is anything on which is not much we play Rummikub and often say how quite it is apart from the ducks. Home Sunday, will that be the last until April?

May 2, 2020
Visit site
We are usually away at least once per month all year and do enjoy winter caravaning nice and quiet both on site and traffic, also dogs at many beaches are allowed after end of September

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have posted before about how noisy the site is in July,August. Now in October it is the opposite. It is silant after 1800 hrs. Wife looks at Corrie and Eastenders, then if there is anything on which is not much we play Rummikub and often say how quite it is apart from the ducks. Home Sunday, will that be the last until April?
I hope you enjoying your break and how quiet it is .
We go to Rutland in the morning for a few nights so i hoping for the same

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I thought you were reflecting on the sounds heard when the site is quiet - just back from Burford where hooting owls provided a lullaby! I have a feeling that wild owls were 'talking' to the captive owls in the Cotswolds Wildlife Park opposite as there seemed to be a hoot and reply!

Reactions: JezzerB
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I thought I would write about the end of our holiday. Got home to find garage flooded, Monday got builder in for work sealing garage ,£800. Another said its coming from another place, £700, Wednesday not feeling to good, 5am Thursday in A&E being "worked on". Long story, five doctors and three nurses, was getting bit worried by the attention. Last doctor is American who is new to the hospital. He wanted my GP to know what is being done but was not use to their system so wrote out a letter which my GP got in couple of hours by hand and he sent off for scan by another unit . Normally this would take at least ten days or more the way they work.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I thought I would write about the end of our holiday. Got home to find garage flooded, Monday got builder in for work sealing garage ,£800. Another said its coming from another place, £700, Wednesday not feeling to good, 5am Thursday in A&E being "worked on". Long story, five doctors and three nurses, was getting bit worried by the attention. Last doctor is American who is new to the hospital. He wanted my GP to know what is being done but was not use to their system so wrote out a letter which my GP got in couple of hours by hand and he sent off for scan by another unit . Normally this would take at least ten days or more the way they work.
Hi Robert 374373903 I hope you make a speedy recovery

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
NHS gone mad!. Have come home with a "leg bag" attached to my bladder. Doctor said keep it on for two weeks. Now been told my GP will attend to rest. They no nothing about it, they say its the hospital to deal with it. Rang hospital who now say its down to district nurse. Rang district nurse who knows nothing about it. Rang GP who seems to say that A&E clinic will deal with it, who the heck is A&E clinic. Well at least the builder might turn up Friday to do my garage leak, I hope.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
NHS gone mad!. Have come home with a "leg bag" attached to my bladder. Doctor said keep it on for two weeks. Now been told my GP will attend to rest. They no nothing about it, they say its the hospital to deal with it. Rang hospital who now say its down to district nurse. Rang district nurse who knows nothing about it. Rang GP who seems to say that A&E clinic will deal with it, who the heck is A&E clinic. Well at least the builder might turn up Friday to do my garage leak, I hope.
Hi Robert Thanks for the update i hope your health keeps improving.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Getting madder, yesterday doctor said he would sort the problem out T his afternoon Nurse came," how are your bed sores and other problems getting on", I told her all I want is to be detached from the bag etc. She said does not know about that she has only come to see how I am. Rang surgery and they say they did ask for the the removal . Getting boring with this discussion so will end it.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Well our campsite is quiet albeit full as is the rest of north Norfolk. My father never took us away during school holidays and we continued with that tradition with our children. So we try and avoid touring at peak periods.
Looking at the demographic of those about there are elderly couples who have clearly been let of child care for half term (like us), and there are inevitably families too. The area car parks are bursting and road side parking in little villages is endemic. To add to the joy is that many car parks have a 2.1 m height barrier and whereas when we last came to Norfolk many had a ticket office at the entrance they are now P&D and so the nice old gents who would take your money and lift the barrier have been taken off the payroll.
But it’s still nice to be away and the takeaway roast beef super from the site restaurant was amazing. So nice not to have to cook on arrival; says my wife. I’m even beginning to warm to the serviced pitch even though I’ve only rigged up the grey water.

PS the roof box is now off of the car and cluttering up the awning. But at least I might be able to get into the car parks.

30EDEC3B-C0F5-4419-8E6E-AD0A436A13F5.jpeg

Reactions: JezzerB and Kevin M

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts