Camp sites in Brittany France

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Does anyone know of any camp sites up to 3hrs drive from Cherboug near to the coast?

We have no children so not too fussed about pools etc.

This will be our first trip to France so our 3 hrs drive might be slower then others!

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look at Camp de Lety in Benodet. Approx1.5 hours drive from Roscoff via Quimper. My wife and I spent two weeks on this site and had a brilliant holiday. Beautiful clean site opening onto the beach and a leasurly stroll along the beach path to Benodet. Also plenty of interesting paces close by to visit such as Quimper with its old world town and fabulous cathedral, Concaneau - an old fortress port, etc. We booked the complete package to include the ferry crossing from Plymouth with select sites at Abergaveny - www.selectsites.co.uk. All we needed was spending money all else taken care for such as insurances, breakdown cover, site fees, etc. We sailed from Plymouth as it was our first time abroad with the caravan and thought it would be easier to do most of the driving oin this country on familiar road conditions. The ferry crossing was a few hours but we enjoyed it an accepted it as part of the holiday. One piece of advice if taking a night time crossing book a cabin and not the reclining chairs - they are uncomfrtable and the room is noisy - virtually impossible to get any sleep. Good luck and enjoy your venture abroad - we did. PS excuse my French spelling.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I agree with colin, go to benodet we went last year and stayed at camping du poulquer (www.campingdupoulquer.com). We enjoyed it that much we have booked to go again this year. Benodet is beautiful and a very good base for sightseeing. Try this website its the tourist info for benodet: www.benodet.fr. We also sailed from plymouth last year, but this time sailing from portsmouth-st malo on th val de loire (very large ferry) overnight we have a cabin with ensuite )12 hour sail so good nights kip). We sail back from roscoff to plymouth. We have booked with the caravan club.

Deb

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts