camping amfora in spain

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Darren we went last summer and have booked to go again this summer the site is very clean and there are various size pitches ,some of the pitches do have their own bathroom facilites like toilet,sink and shower but we found the sanitation blocks imaculate cleaners are staioned there throught the day and into late evening,good sized shop on site laundrette,and 2 good sized pools with lifegaurds on duty ,direct access to the beach from the site and the evening entertainment was good too, we had a 100sqm pitch last year with electric hook up and its own water tap, found it an easier site to get around with van on the back than cambrills no low trees and silly mini roundabouts and narrow roads to navigate round, we met some great people here last year and we have all booked again for this year,there is a great water park located on roses which is about 20 min drive from the site and across the road from the waterpark is a large supermarket which was much like tescos!!! there is also and Aldi and Lidl near by too.

Anthony

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Darren we went last summer and have booked to go again this summer the site is very clean and there are various size pitches ,some of the pitches do have their own bathroom facilites like toilet,sink and shower but we found the sanitation blocks imaculate cleaners are staioned there throught the day and into late evening,good sized shop on site laundrette,and 2 good sized pools with lifegaurds on duty ,direct access to the beach from the site and the evening entertainment was good too, we had a 100sqm pitch last year with electric hook up and its own water tap, found it an easier site to get around with van on the back than cambrills no low trees and silly mini roundabouts and narrow roads to navigate round, we met some great people here last year and we have all booked again for this year,there is a great water park located on roses which is about 20 min drive from the site and across the road from the waterpark is a large supermarket which was much like tescos!!! there is also and Aldi and Lidl near by too.

Anthony
thnaks Anthony

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Darren

Went there last summer (June/July 2007) and must agree with a lot of Anthony's post. It must be the cleanest site I've ever been on in 20 odd years of touring. There are several large toilet/shower blocks scattered throughout the site with someone based there from early morning till late evening. These people do work all day as well, not like in this country where you find toilets with permanent staff have a little sitting room set up with t.v. and comfy chair for the staff to sit in for most of the time. In addition to the staff based in the blocks they also had a squad of cleaners going around the site who would give the outside dishwashing and clothes washing areas a thorough clean every day, that way the permanently based person only had to keep them tidy afterwards.

Pools and surrounding areas kept spotless (although I did count 3 pools compared to Anthony's 2, two of them were side by side)

Restuarant and bar also very clean. Small supermarket on site with goods at prices similar to local supermarkets, not at the normally inflated prices of site shops.

Pitches were of good size. Same as Anthony we were on 100 sq mtr pitch with electric and water tap (but no waste disposal?). Pitches were in pairs with high hedges seperating them from the next pair. Good access roads.

Entertainment was held in outdoor area adjoining bar and restuarant. There was some noise from this but it finished at a reasonable hour i.e. by around midnight.

Internet cafe on site and wi-fi connection through the site.

Direct access to beach.

On the downside. The beach was not your typical picture postcard beach but more sort of hilly dunes right to the water's edge. For the time we were there it was also very breezy, this may be the norm as there is a wind sailing (surfing?) school based there. The site is very large, more like a village or small town, for me personally it was just too big and busy. Apart from that I could not say a word against it.

Anything specific please ask.

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Darren

Went there last summer (June/July 2007) and must agree with a lot of Anthony's post. It must be the cleanest site I've ever been on in 20 odd years of touring. There are several large toilet/shower blocks scattered throughout the site with someone based there from early morning till late evening. These people do work all day as well, not like in this country where you find toilets with permanent staff have a little sitting room set up with t.v. and comfy chair for the staff to sit in for most of the time. In addition to the staff based in the blocks they also had a squad of cleaners going around the site who would give the outside dishwashing and clothes washing areas a thorough clean every day, that way the permanently based person only had to keep them tidy afterwards.

Pools and surrounding areas kept spotless (although I did count 3 pools compared to Anthony's 2, two of them were side by side)

Restuarant and bar also very clean. Small supermarket on site with goods at prices similar to local supermarkets, not at the normally inflated prices of site shops.

Pitches were of good size. Same as Anthony we were on 100 sq mtr pitch with electric and water tap (but no waste disposal?). Pitches were in pairs with high hedges seperating them from the next pair. Good access roads.

Entertainment was held in outdoor area adjoining bar and restuarant. There was some noise from this but it finished at a reasonable hour i.e. by around midnight.

Internet cafe on site and wi-fi connection through the site.

Direct access to beach.

On the downside. The beach was not your typical picture postcard beach but more sort of hilly dunes right to the water's edge. For the time we were there it was also very breezy, this may be the norm as there is a wind sailing (surfing?) school based there. The site is very large, more like a village or small town, for me personally it was just too big and busy. Apart from that I could not say a word against it.

Anything specific please ask.

Robert
hi rob was there much todo around the area and would you go back?

cheers

darren

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Darren,

There did not appear to be a lot to do in the near vicinity of the site but to be honest we were happy to sit back and relax in the sunshine.After driving down from Zeebrugge I wasn't really looking to be doing much driving around. We did go for a run up to the town of Roses which was really nice.

Estartit wasn't that far away with its shops, harbour and boat trips. Barcelona is a bit further off but still a feasible day trip.

I thought there was more to do the previous summer when we had been at Les Medes.

I wouldn't say that I would never go back to L'Amfora its just that for me personally it was too big and busy. No matter when you looked out of the van window there were people on the move.

No doubt others would be happy with that. Each to their own.

Robert

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts