Camping and Caravan Club Insurance

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi John,
We are not from the Runcorn or Widnes area,a bit further East between Warrington and Lymm.Ideal for the M6,M56 and M62.
We have just one more trip this year prior to calling it a draw for the season as I tend to get involved with other things in the winter including my Model Railway, which requires a lot of TLC as I have had to move it from one bed room to another.Bigger bedroom just a lot of work rebuilding. As I said earlier the only mod to take place on the caravan front is the cover modification, so that will need sizing up on and off the van, but I hope its a worthwhile mod. Once its finished I will send a photo (Maybe to ND and get £50!!!.)

Regards
Rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Von Ryan - first of all may I offer you my condolances for your sad loss and also to wish John's wife a speedy recovery from her treatment. Now one point I have to raise is in response to your reply to John on page 2 of this topic. It was I who stated that I had been caravanning for over 40 years and hope to know a "bit" about it - I do not in any shape or form profess to be perfect whilst towing, manouvering or on any other caravan issue (my wife will bear witness to this
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif
) I only wish that there were courses being held in South Wales as I am a firm believer that life is a process of learning until we die.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin,
There is no way I wished to offend in any way or form ,if I have I apoligise profusely, Life is a big learning curve and at times I should learn how to put things better.
Best Wishes
Von Ryan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Good gracious sir - you have not offended me in any way. I was only trying to shift the blame for your error from John to myself. I have received far worse than this simple mistake in my life and I am sure I will not let your posting cause any offence to me. Therefore please do not worry and as I included a few
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif
my posting was intended as a light hearted reply.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Colin
I think you may have missed this earlier post:-
Thu, Sep 9 2010, 4:43PM

Dustydog
picture-5069999.jpg

user-online.png

Colin
Are you sure about the CC?
According to my info they do towing courses in Llanelli and Ruthin.
Scotland is blessed with Broxburn Midlothian.

SWMBO did a CC course a few years ago and hey presto we qualified for a further discount with CC Insurance. The fact I've been towing since 1974 has no relevance at all! You get the wise cracks about teaching an old dog new tricks etc!

How many on here can honestly reverse upto the caravan so the tow ball is dead in line with the hitch?? It's taken me years to master that and I still miss by an inch or so now and then. However if I had done a "Course" I'd be the expert. LOL.

Anyway the discount we've had has easily paid for SWMBO course.

Cheers
Dustydog
Bailey Senator S6 Wyoming & Kia Sorento
I passed the IAM test many years ago but am still a member and take driving seriously. CC Insurance don't give me a discount for being an IAM member.
However SWMBO did a CC course a while back and thus CC give us a discount . I assume they think SWMBO is a better driver than me.Well she might be. LOL. Actually just in case she sees this post I think she is a good driver. OMG, really getting the knickers twisted here. Time to go.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dusty Dog - I have been a member of both clubs for quite a while now and I have yet to see any course being offered in South Wales in their magazines. I will be honest in that I have never actually approached either club why no such course is being held in my area. Yes like you my wife is a very good driver but since I retired she insists that I now do all the driving. I am also willing to admit that I do not always get the car lined up for hitching or that I am perfect in reversing the outfit onto a pitch, etc. On one occassion I had to do a three point turn with the van hitched in Devon. It was perfect and there was no one around to witness it - I was gutted
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif
As far as bad habits - WHAT BAD HABITS?????
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif
As I said previously we all are in a learning curve until we meet our maker either up above or down below and I will be the first to admit that I am NOT perfect.
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif
(thank goodness for these little yellow blobs)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Folks
I'M back! its the C&CC I have a issue with not recognising the maouvering course supplied by another club in this case the CC. I did not notice it in big print saying don't expect a discount unless you have done the course with us a little keep it in the family I,d say ( could,nt spell nepitisim) Maybe the CC are the same, but what is annoying is these people who are delivering the course I bet are not employed by either the C&CC or the CC and it would not suprise me if they deliver courses for both. Any way my axe is not to grind with the instructors as the one who instructed me was excellent, I just wish he would stop calling me Grasshopper!

Von Ryan
Kia Sorento and S6 Bailey California

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dusty Dog
Saw your reply with your unit and vehicle types, what a great idia, I can see it would be a direct area to get advice from owners of X

Have followed suite

Von Ryan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Von Ryan - see we have a similar interest outside caravanning. I am a director of the Bridgend Valleys Preservation Society - I prefer the full scale if possible although I have been known to dabble in "OO" gauge in the past. Take a look at www.garw-railway.co.uk We are a new society with the aim of reintroducing passenger service to the Garw Valley (approx. 9 miles north of Bridgend). The line will initially run for approx. 5 miles but the ultimate aim is to meet up with Network Rail at Tondu and connect with the Maesteg to Cardiff service run by Arriva Trains.

Don't know why but when I click on above web site it wont let me in, however if I type it into the main msn page I can access the site easily.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin
That sonds great., but I would not rely on Network Rail too much. Took a days holiday from work on Friday on a chartered train to go to Whitby (I belive they have the best Fish and Chips in the U.K there (Their quote not mine. Any way caught the charter from St Helens Jnc Hauled by a Class 47(not far from Liverpool) to be told 20 mins into the trip that they were only going as far as York as they had not got a driver due to illness to go from Yor onwards..Lots of muttering and 15 mins later they announced that the trip to York was free and a full refund was going to be given, they must have been INSURED. So a very jolly day out and I got to visit my favorite pub in York by the banks of the river which sell the best pint of Sam Smiths brewery bitter that side of the Pennines (My quote, no one elses). Yes I work in OO and just crossing over to a system called DCC. The advances with this system are fantastic and purchased a couple of Class 20s which are what they call "Fully Blown" not only digital command, but full lighting,sound and handling inirtia effect. I wonder if I can have a portable layout for the awning!!!

Von Ryan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Colin
Just had a look at the Garw site. Looks like a lot of workis taking place. I go to the East Lancs quite a lot and enjoy dining in their Pullmans. Great way to relax! Railways and Caravans, Engineers Square and Compass Oh and good Beer,Ahh Bliss.
Oh and Siberian Huskies, we have a 8 month old,still a pup but took him on his first caravan outing week last Saturday to Delamere(about 20 miles from home,as if he kicked off we could take him back home quickly if need be) but he was a angel, well for a dog anyway. Slept all night, did not stink the place out(Well he got blamed, but did not do it!), did not get on the furniture and was great all round. Just need to get another 9 and they can pull the van. Now thats green!

Von Ryan
Oh we have him INSURED

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts