Camping At Domaine de la Barbanne near St Emillion

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
I am interested in booking the Domaine de la Barbanne site near St Emilion has anyone stayed there and what are their reviews on the site we plan to go in early August

Thanks

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
We went in Whitsun 2003. A lovely site which we do hope to go back to someday. A wine lover's paradise - you are right in the midst of the vineyards of St Emillion. The vines are growing on the otherside of the fence surrounding the pool area.

Have a good look around and chose your pitch carefully - some have more shade than others. When we went the temperature was 40 deg cent at 4pm in the afternoon - have not has it as hot since! A very friendly site with small shop. A few large supermarkets within 10 - 15 mins driving distance. Don't miss the train ride around the vineyards - you can follow the route later by car. The site has a free bus put on to take you into the village if you wish but if you are buying wine by the case you may wish to take your car.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
We went in Whitsun 2003. A lovely site which we do hope to go back to someday. A wine lover's paradise - you are right in the midst of the vineyards of St Emillion. The vines are growing on the otherside of the fence surrounding the pool area.

Have a good look around and chose your pitch carefully - some have more shade than others. When we went the temperature was 40 deg cent at 4pm in the afternoon - have not has it as hot since! A very friendly site with small shop. A few large supermarkets within 10 - 15 mins driving distance. Don't miss the train ride around the vineyards - you can follow the route later by car. The site has a free bus put on to take you into the village if you wish but if you are buying wine by the case you may wish to take your car.
Hi Thanks for your comments I have read that there is lots of insects around the site fo you know if this is the case Thanks

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
We have been there a couple of times and never came across insects at all,so dont worry.It is a lovely site as the other person said right in the vineyards (Tour St Pierre on the otherside of the road worth a visit)If when you book ask if you can have a pitch by the flower cart overlooking the lake ,there are about four there with lovely outlook and good mix of sun and shade.This months PC magazine has a feature on St Emillion and this is the site they used.

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Linda,

I do recall that we have a few ants on the pitch we were on but we bought some ant powder from the supermarket and put it around the legs of the caravan so the blighters could not climb up and get in. Just an inconvenience but not something that would put me off going there again. Lets face it - you could get them anywhere. Perhaps take some ant powder with you just in case so you are prepared.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
We have been there a couple of times and never came across insects at all,so dont worry.It is a lovely site as the other person said right in the vineyards (Tour St Pierre on the otherside of the road worth a visit)If when you book ask if you can have a pitch by the flower cart overlooking the lake ,there are about four there with lovely outlook and good mix of sun and shade.This months PC magazine has a feature on St Emillion and this is the site they used.
Thanks it looks a lovely site and will ask for a pitch near the lake. Out of interest which months did you visit the site. Thanks

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Pitches 57-76 all overlook the lake but the most secluded are 71-76

The site has a small 'club' restaurant,pool tennis,fishing,football,volleyball,mini golf and the best part is that Toutes les activites sont gratuites

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Linda

we visited this site some 3 years ago in mid June. the mozies were very hungry but with plenty of repellent we kept them at bay. Please note under no circumstances do you go to St Emillion with your van. follow the advised route.This is very important. A great site and we plan to visit again.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I can vouch for not taking the van thro' the town. My husband decided it was a better way 10 years ago. Ever had a laugh at a van doing a 20 point turn. we've been back a few times the site has developed nicely. A definite must is to go up the tower and under ground.

TRENDING THREADS