Camping Beausoleil Bordeaux

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Hi all,

Has anyone stopped at this site in Bordeaux - - http://www.camping-gradignan.com/site-en.htm. (Also known as Camping Beausoleil) I'd be grateful for any feedback particularly with regards to pitch size.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I stopped at this campsite on my way to Spain in the motorhome. As an overnight stop it is fine however the pitches are small with one or two suitable to pitch a caravan and awning (providing they are empty.) Now I have changed to a caravan I would not use it.

Ian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Interested in this site as a potential overnight December 27 en route to Spain. Website seems to indicate it's open. I've emailed site but no reply yet. Car plus caravan.
Looked at the bigger Du Lac site at north end of ring road but it's not for us even overnight.

Any further information much appreciated

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
RayS said:
Interested in this site as a potential overnight December 27 en route to Spain. Website seems to indicate it's open. I've emailed site but no reply yet. Car plus caravan.
Looked at the bigger Du Lac site at north end of ring road but it's not for us even overnight.

Any further information much appreciated

I've emailed them as well but no reply. Will phone next week.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've now had email reply (in English) saying site is open in December, so may give it a go, although it's a little farther from Roscoff than I would prefer to go.

Depends on a site at Pons which used tobe OAY, then wasn't but now may be

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
RayS said:
I've now had email reply (in English) saying site is open in December, so may give it a go, although it's a little farther from Roscoff than I would prefer to go.

Depends on a site at Pons which used tobe OAY, then wasn't but now may be

I've had a reply as well and have booked in. If time allows I'll let you know what it's like.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Paul, would appreciate a heads up. I've 7.5m shipping length caravan, but have a mover. Would particlarly like to know if hard or potentially muddy. Ray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all,
I went to this site during the month of December. The site only has one access/departure road which is barrier controlled and the reception is not manned 24 hrs. If you have a mover getting in/out will not be a problem. If my memory serves me correctly it is hardstanding with grass overgrowing in places. Showers/toilets are heated. And dog walking just across the main road. Appeared to be a long way from shops. SWMBO rustled up some hot food.

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been on this site many times and as recently as August this year, my caravan is 8.5 metres and I had no problem without movers, I have also been on the site in a fifth wheel and again no problem.

I must tress though that you have to get there early as it gets full very quick, they usually tut tut but manage to fit you in somewhere, yes it can be a bit tight and we have even parked on the road which is a good spot.

go for it but phone first on the day.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
RayS said:
Thanks Paul, would appreciate a heads up. I've 7.5m shipping length caravan, but have a mover. Would particluarly like to know if hard or potentially muddy. Ray

Here now, not a bad site at all. Pitches are a combination of gravel and grass but no problem getting on. Only had to use the mover to level the 'van off. We're on pitch 4 with a Unicorn Cartagena plus awning plus car. Ideal for an overnight stop but we are here till Tuesday. Easy and cheap to take the bus/tram into the city centre.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks, Paul, for the update. May be just a bit far from a morning arrival at Roscoff next week, but would be good to get south of Bordeaux if we can. Otherwise we use L'Estuarie which is near the banks of the Gironde. Leave the autoroute at Mirambeau. Ok but a little ffar from the autoroute and one or two narrow places on the approach. In CC book under Mirambeau

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts