Camping & Caravan web Site

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello. Just a check to see if anyone is having problems with the caravan and camping club website.
I have tried 3 times in the last hour to log on to the site. Each time I get to the front page that doesn't quite load fully and then my computer locks up. (ctrl-alt-del.) (esc). ( waiting 5 minutes) nothing works.
The only way to move on is to shut my laptop down with the Off Button. I have tried various other sites including obviously this one with no problems so I feel my laptop is OK. I am not going to try again because shutting down the computer in the way I have been doing I believe is detrimental.
I am a member of the caravan club but I was thinking of joining the C&CC also. I was just going to check a couple of areas to see if they had a few CLs or whatever their abbreviation is for the 5 van sites before going ahead.
I have never had this type of issue before and am a little concerned re my laptop. Although like I say when going back onto the internet I have tried several sites with no problems.
Best regards Brian

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thank's for the reply Dave. I loaded google chrome on my laptop a while ago because my normal Internet explorer wouldn't let Me post on this forum. Parksy suggested it to me after seeing a few of my empty box posts. Since then whilst I have had no issues with this forum my computer has rebelled with some other web sites for no reason at all.
Anyway I have just deleted chrome form my laptop and been able to to get straight to the C&CC site no problem. However I am now back to it not being able to post to this site.
I am using my Daughters I Pad for this reply. So again thank you for the reply I guess my laptop and chrome don't get along so I am going to have to borrow this I Pad when wanting to post to practical caravan.
best regards Brian

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
brian_clifford said:
GOT FIREFOX ON THE STAND ALONE COMPUTER NOW WORKING FINE

Maybe it's not working fine - looks like you have a faulty caps lock key
smiley-wink.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
brian_clifford said:
..........Parksy suggested it to me
after seeing a few of my empty box posts. Since then whilst I have had
no issues with this forum my computer has rebelled with some other web
sites for no reason at all..........
You may recall that in my email I suggested that you try Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome Brian. I use Firefox with no issues and many useful features.
smiley-smile.gif

Surfer said:
Tried chrome but too many hangups on some sites so went back to Firefox. I did use IE but some forums still operate with outdated software.
The problem lies not with the websites but with Internet Explorer which has been rendered obsolescent by recent developments in website software, including the modern cloud based software used for this website Surfer.
IE 9 is the most recent web browser from Internet Explorer but it's a year old and it doesn't update automatically, unlike Firefox, which has automatic updates.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts