Camping card international

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

Is it worth geting one & where do you get them from. Whats their pros & cons if any. Going to spain for the first time in 3 weeks. Dont know if i need get one or not. PLEASE HELP. Richard.w

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes, its well worth getting one. Most sites accept them, you leave them at the office when you register, then collect them when you pay, on leaving. If you don't have a CCI, the site will want to keep your passport and at some shops you need your passport as proof of identity when paying at the checkout.

You get them by ringing the Caravan Club, they cost

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes, its well worth getting one. Most sites accept them, you leave them at the office when you register, then collect them when you pay, on leaving. If you don't have a CCI, the site will want to keep your passport and at some shops you need your passport as proof of identity when paying at the checkout.

You get them by ringing the Caravan Club, they cost

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes, as Lorna says, most sites accept them in lieu of passports. Unlike in the UK, on most French and many other continental sites, you pay when you leave, rather than when you arrive, so not unreasonably, they need some sort of deposit from you. We have also found that some sites which have a barrier key system require a cash deposit for this key, but will sometimes waive this if you have a Camping Card. Theoretically, some sites also offer a discount, but we have never stayed on one that does.

They are available from the Caravanning Club, the Camping and Caravanning Club and the RAC. I assume that you have to be a member of one of these to obtain one, but I am not certain of that - we are members of two out of the three, so it has never been an issue.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well worth having as others have said, for leaving as deposit when booking in. Some sites do offer a reduction - in the CC european guide these show as CCI red. it is usually 10%. Every little helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts