Camping Chateau de Gandspette - has anyone been?

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
It's a nice site, handy for the ferry, but don't book it without looking at the Camping Cheques website first. Chateau du Gandspette takes Camping Cheques, which means the cost of a pitch, car and caravan, two people, awning, and electricity will cost just

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
It's a nice site, handy for the ferry, but don't book it without looking at the Camping Cheques website first. Chateau du Gandspette takes Camping Cheques, which means the cost of a pitch, car and caravan, two people, awning, and electricity will cost just

Mar 7, 2008
Visit site

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
We've stoppped there a couple of times coming back up through France, but it is expensive for a night halt and we now look elsewhere. We weren't as impressed with the food as others seem to be. Perhaps if it had been our first night out... However, I am married to a chef, so am probably not the best judge!

Two lovely looking pools and a good mix of nationalities. I think it would be a good place for a longer stay - especially if you are not very familiar with touring in France and don't want to go too far.

Jo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We like this site and don't find it expensive using Camping Cheques. The dishes Val recommends in the restaurant are excellent, although some of the items on the menu are a bit mediocre. We once enquired of the waitress about the Hesdin pork, and she summoned the chef to have a chat with us about the recipe and its provenance!

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I agree - the normal site menus are nothing to write home about - but their regional dishes are very good! It's not fabulous French cuisine, but for a northern France regional campsite resturant (if you avoid the burgers/pizzas/lamb chops) then you could pay a lot more for a far worse meal.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been a fan of Gandspette for many years. The owners are very pleasant and seem to have a rolling programme of improvement. I think you have to be careful about the restaurant as its only a campsite restaurant with the aim of satisfying hungry campers not providing gourmet meals! I have tried the regional dishes but whilst I enjoyed them they do seem to contain a lot of salt which for someone with high BP is not so good. As an alternative to Gandspette, if having a special meal is important, there is Le Bien Assise which does have a gourmet restaurant next door but at a considerable difference in cost, but very nice!

David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts