Camping Cheques

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Sailing to Santander in June and travelling back via Biarritz, Vendee and Brittany. Using Camping Cheques for first time. Anyone been to sites which accept cheques in any of these areas. It will be just the wife and me but we don't care whether the sites are busy or quiet as long as they are of good standard.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You could be pushed to find a site that will accept Camping Cheques in June/Jul Aug, but worth looking at dates they are accepted. 2 sites that do accept cheques in the areas that you have chosen are Camping La Yole at Ourette, St Jean de Monts in the Vendee; Camping Le Moustoir at Carnac in Brittany and Camping Halliotis at Pontorson on ther Brittany/Normandy boundary (ideal fro Mont St Michel)but check the dates they take the cheques.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Huw

I have had no problems re Camping Cheques in June and some sites take them the first week in July. All I would say is some sites in June now seem to get full so I use my Camping Cheque Gold card to pre book my stay.

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
There is a site at Bidart near Biarritz that take camping cheques - Residence de Pins - we pulled in there at the beginning of June but did not stay as the site was not quite up and running for the season with the children's pool and play areas ready (we have 2 young children). It was also set on a bit of a hill. We came out and went to Pavillion Royal just down the road towards Biarritz and paid cash - a much better site if you want to try that area.

Playa Joyel in Spain also take camping cheques and is about half an hour from Santander going in the right direction for you.

Travelling up there are a few sites to the right of Bordeaux at Archachon taking camping cheques.

You would be better obtaining Camping Cheques brochure or go on their website - you can pinpoint the sites on the map and then bring up their details to check the low season dates.

TRENDING THREADS