Camping in Plymouth

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Has anyone stayed at the CC site at Plymouth Sound and was it good?

or

Riverside Caravan Park plymouth and was it good?

Which would you advise to stay at?

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Hi Frank,

Got to take me daughter down to UNI so we thought we would take the van but are trying to make up our minds to the one that would be the better option.

Martin "E"

Mar 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Martin

Stayed at Riverside 2 years ago enjoyed it The site was clean the toilets clean plenty of hot water. Over hall i would go back if going to plymouth and i would recomend it. The site is only 5 mins of the main roed A38 but you,d think it was miles away no noise at all.

May 10, 2007
Visit site
We've used Riverside and the CC site, CC site has basic amenities and no showers unless that has changed and access roads can be a little tight.

Riverside has always been well run and maintained for at least 20 years. The site is just off Marsh Mills roundabout that is under the A38 as you arrive in Plymouth. Sainsburys SM and Fuel to the left as you exit to the roundabout and the camp site approached from the 3rd exit to Plympton. There are two retail parks within five minutes walk of the campsite and wild countryside behind it, ten pin bowling and other shops and car main dealers are also near by and some good pubs and eateries as well as McDonalds its only a few minutes drive to Plymouth Hoe or the city centre or the ferry port and about 15 minutes to the Tamar Bridge to Cornwall via daul carriageway, for dog walkers you can be on Lee Moor in 5 minutes from the site by car.

Thers is also a large dry ski slope within 5 minutes of the site and a quite exciting dry tobbogan run if Frank wants to take his skis and feel at home ;)

Ria

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Hi Paul & Ria

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my queery.

Paul, interesting you say how quite the Riverside site is as this was one of our concerns with it being so close to the 38, the site sounds handy to get about Plymouth without to much fuss.

Ria, The CC site looks very nice and access was one of the concerns for us, we did wonder if the CC site was used as a stop off for the ferrys and suffer from vehicel movements at funny times of day or night.

Thanks again

Martin "E"

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Martin,

We stayed at CC Plymouth Sound in July. As has been said, it's a no-toilets/showers site, but that's no problem. The views are lovely, especially if you manage to get on one of the front pitches. Most of these are steeply sloping, but the warden is happy to position you with his tractor if required. He and his wife are very helpful and pleasant.

Mention has been made of access through the lanes being "a bit tight". I would have said very tight in some parts, and we got stuck for a bit in a very awkward place on the way back (and ours is only a short van, though 7'2" wide). Still, people had obviously had got in and out with very large vans and at least one full-sized American RV!

Some nice walks around, and an easy solo drive through the lanes down to Mountbatten where you can park free all day and catch the foot ferry back and forth to the Barbican for

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Graham

It does sound a very nice site but I think we are going to stay at Riverside and while we are in the area we will pay a visit to the CC site for future reference

Thanks Ria (again)

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Well we stayed at Riverside for a few nights but moved on as we found the site noisy you get hum of the traffic from the A38 and lories delivering to the industrial park tooting horn and reversing alarms. The setting was nice, the site kept clean and tidy but wash blocks were dated but clean. I thought they stacked you in a bit with only couple of feet between next doors awning and your car.

We moved to Plymouth Sound CC site...what a difference, would recommend the site the last mile or so has couple of tight spots if you meet something, and the final turn into the site road is very tight. A clean and well run site with good views.

Martin "E"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts