Camping in Shropshire

BryonySymes

Administrator
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello again everyone!

I'm researching Shropshire at the moment, and wondered if anyone has tips of where to stay and what to do when visiting?

I'd appreciate any suggestions you have!

Thanks,

Bryony

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
We spent a couple of short motorhome holidays exploring the Ironbridge area when our kids were younger, but that was back in the 90s.
I'm sure you'll get plenty of more up to date thoughts from others!

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Shropshire Hills are an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. There is also the Shropshire Hills Discovery Centre at Craven Arms and within a mile of Stokesay Castle so they say. Acton Scott Historic Working Farm is a great day out but it probably won't be open now until easter.
We used to pitch up at the Caravan Club's Much Wenlock site but the lease expired this year and the site is now closed. Diamond Dave operates down at Telford and so does Travelworld. Both recommended Severn Gorge Caravan Park some years ago; I've never been but it is handy for both businesses, Ironbridge and associated museums - Blist Hill Victorian Town museum is a good day out if you like retro.
And if you are in for a challenge, try climbing the Wrekin but check out parking because there isn't much and it can get busy.
Ludlow is a gastronic delight and for those who like castles, look no further. It was described by John Betjeman as the loveliest town in England. There is a Morris leisure have a caravan site on the outskirts - pricey but good - as well as one at Shrewsbury.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts