camping le paille basse

Aug 14, 2006
Visit site
Have just returned from 7 days at this site in Souillac (Dordogne)hhaving had a very mixed experience. Situated miles away from civilisation at the top of a mountain at the end of a very long steep climb this 4* Castells site is actually very good when you get used to it.Lots of others are on repaet visits. What shocked me though was one evening, whilst my wife was having a shower, 2 males climbed up the side of the shower enclosure for a peep. (She wasn't the only female to get this attention). My wife ran to reception and the manageress informing her that she was offended by this action and did not expect it on a 1* Municipal site never mind a 4* Catells site. The manageress obviously found it funny as she couldn't stop laughing, never once apologised and then informed that the 2 males were actually staff members just fooling around. Am I right or wrong but wouldn't this action have resulted in a police prosicution if it had occurred in this country? I was amazed to find them still working next day.

Jun 8, 2005
Visit site
We are just back from a 3 week French trip, which included 16 nights at this site.

I wasnt overly impressed by the place personally, like you say it is miles from anywhere, you have to be at the pool early if you want a chair (we couldnt be bothered!) and we both thought the site restaurant was very ordinary to say the least (although quite full most nights).

This was our first trip to The Lot region (but very close to Dordogne) and it is a lovely area. However if you are thinking about going, be aware that unless you like Duck,Goose Pate and goats cheese, you may struggle to eat out!

I've never used the Cadac so much.

Good holiday though, despite my moaning!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts