Camping Les Embruns

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
I'm just a few week away from our twice cancelled due to Covid, annual holiday in France.
We're staying at a site called Les Embruns in Clohars-Carnoët, South Brittany, a region I have visited many times but not this particular area.
Has anyone stayed at this site and if so have you any advice on things like routes from Roscoff, the approach and attractions nearby.
The reason I ask about routes is that I made a mistake enroute to a site in Normandy near St. Mere Eglise a few years ago. I left the dual carriageway one junction early and ended up on very narrow single track lanes bordered by wide and very deep drainage ditches, a total nightmare. However, I did learn that on the whole French drivers in the area were very polite and obliging towards a clearly lost and errant British driver.
Thanks.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Locronan makes a nice visit. A town held back in time in which the French use to film historical stuff. Quimper is a nice town and we have had good visits there. If you are lucky enough to visit during the Bretagne festival, hundreds of local group come to Quimper. We were charged to enter the area, but very little. A great day out and well worth it. Another good town visit is Vannes. Then there’s the standing stones at Carnac to see.

We have not done that journey, but I do my research with Google Earth first and use a caravan satnav.

John

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
Locronan makes a nice visit. A town held back in time in which the French use to film historical stuff. Quimper is a nice town and we have had good visits there. If you are lucky enough to visit during the Bretagne festival, hundreds of local group come to Quimper. We were charged to enter the area, but very little. A great day out and well worth it. Another good town visit is Vannes. Then there’s the standing stones at Carnac to see.

We have not done that journey, but I do my research with Google Earth first and use a caravan satnav.

John

Thank you John.
I've not visited Quimper but plan to and I've only driven through Vannes. A few years back we stayed at a site near Trinite Sur Mer where the standing stones ran through an adjacent field. We walked along their route all the way to Carnac.
Unfortunately, the festival is in July when my holiday will hopefully, be a pleasant memory.
I just can't wait to get there after two years of covid restrictions.
I use Waze and Sygic Truck nav apps which are okay but I always have an up to date old fashioned road map with me. Normandy was a mistake I never intend to make again.

Regards,
Steve

Reactions: Jcloughie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts