Camping L'Etoil Argens - Near Frejus

Nov 15, 2005
Visit site
Hello,

I haven't been to this site since 2003 but can highly recommend it having also been there in the early 80's on three occassions. Excellent location and all of the facilities of a top class campsite. Various pitch sizes, the one we had was huge would have easily fitted two outfits plus awnings and cars.

Cracking swimming pool and bar/restaurant area.

We have only been during late Jun / early july on all occasions so can't comment on how busy it might get during peak season.

They even run a boat to the sea / beach to save driving.

Loads of things to do in the area as well.

Not the cheapest campsite I have stayed on but you get what you pay for.

If you want to know anything specific just ask

Regards

Richard

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

We stayed here during June 2007. It is a large campsite with good sized grassy pitches. There is a well stocked shop on site that sells fresh bread/croissants each morning.

Toilet facilities are clean, but not the best we have ever experienced. I seem to recall there were two toilet blocks one being better than the other!

There are 3 nice swimming pools(one for kids) which have a lifeguard on duty in the height of season, however, they do close early at around 6pm - just when you could be doing with a nice swim to cool you down after the heat of the day.

The weather was very hot even in June. A word of advice re "bugs" they are ferocious, my OH was really badly bitten so make sure you have plenty of Avon skin so soft with you!!

There is a take away and restaurant on site which are OK. Some evenings there is entertainment provided.

There is a boat which takes you from the campsite to the beach but it only starts towards the end of June.

It is a great base for touring the South coast. Antibes is a lovely old town with some nice shops and restaurants. St Tropez is a must, just watching the mega expensive yachts/cruisers whilst sipping a nice "verre de vin rose" is great fun.

Other places we enjoyed visiting were... Menton, Cannes, Nice, Monte Carlo, St Raphael,St Aygulf (there is the Aquatica water park here which is great for kids) there is also a good super market here, Grasse, Aix en Provence, Cassis is a beautiful little village with a lovely harbour. Aups has a large market on Wed & Sat and is a very nice setting to have lunch. Fayence is one of the many "perched villages" and has a really interesting wine shop.

We had a little difficulty finding the site so keep your eyes peeled for Etoile D'argens signs at roundabouts.

Hope this info is of some help.

Bon vacances!

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
David,

Ditto to whats been said before, the toilet blocks are now getting a bit tired, but they're cleaned daily to a very high standard.

If you don't want bugs or noise from the "animations & disco in high season" take a look at the site plan on their website & ask for a pitch halfway down the site, last year we had pitch 500

Check out these reviews on the UK Camp site forum http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=5427

one of which is mine, and we have stayed here since then (2007)

The owners speak excelent English & for an English review of the site check out the Eurocamp independant web site http://www.eurocampindependent.co.uk/campsites/overview.cfm?mc=82&regionID=334 (but don't book through them as if you book the ferry & site direct http://www.provence-campings.com/frejus/etoile-argens/indexuk.htm you'll save at least a couple of

DJM

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you all for you very informative and comprehensive replies.

First hand info is always good to have.

Will be down there for the tale end of the season commencing Sept 12th.

Many thanks,

Dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts