Camping Sainte Claire

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Good afternoon
We are looking at the above site as a stopover on the way to Dunkirk in August.
Having read the reviews, it sounds excellent, and it appears booking in advance is the way to go.

I have scoured their website for the latest arrival times (we think we will arrive somewhere between 7-8pm).
Does anyone know if this will be a problem? I see that there is a barrier that does not open in the mornings until 7am, but that doesn't bother us as we have a 4pm crossing - it's the arrival time we're worried about!!

Thanks in advance.

lesley

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I presume you mean the one at Neufchatel en Bray? It's a popular overnight site, so I can't imagine that 7 to 8 pm would be a problem, but the best way to find out is to ask in an email. The owners/staff are very helpful according to other comments. Sorry we haven't stayed there ourselves though we've passed it many times.

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
We have stayed there several times and can confirm it is an excellent site with a nice restaurant and pleasant surroundings. There is also a supermarket within walking distance.
However.......last year we were amazed to see the "full" sign go up at about 6pm. We were one of the last to get in and it mid June, not peak season. We never book, only ring ahead sometimes, and this is never a problem in Europe, but France is now getting a lot more popular especially sites near the Channel crossings so I would certainly recommend booking if you are going there in August and to arrive early in the off peak seasons.

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
We have stayed there several times and can confirm it is an excellent site with a nice restaurant and pleasant surroundings. There is also a supermarket within walking distance.
However.......last year we were amazed to see the "full" sign go up at about 6pm. We were one of the last to get in and it mid June, not peak season. We never book, only ring ahead sometimes, and this is never a problem in Europe, but France is now getting a lot more popular especially sites near the Channel crossings so I would certainly recommend booking if you are going there in August and to arrive early in the off peak seasons.

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Thanks all

The campsite have been in touch - they will be happy to take bookings from the 1st March, so will certainly get our pitch sorted out asap.

Lesley x

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts