camping weekend Italy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Any views regarding this site would be welcome, (or any other in the area) along with places of interest.

Shall be visiting in July as a family with two teenagers.

Many thanks

Fran

Dec 12, 2005
Visit site
If you could tell us the secret of how you propose to get to Italy and back for a weekends camping mayby we could be more helpfull.

Mike.
Or even, where you will be hoping to get to in Italy in a weekend!

Tankie

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you could tell us the secret of how you propose to get to Italy and back for a weekends camping mayby we could be more helpfull.

Mike.
Perhaps flippant remarks like these could be intercepted by the moderator. If all comments like this are allowed over a typo nobody will give this forum any credibility!

Perhaps it was too much for the 'quick to criticise' to realise that Camping Weekend is the name of a campsite!!

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Perhaps flippant remarks like these could be intercepted by the moderator. If all comments like this are allowed over a typo nobody will give this forum any credibility!

Perhaps it was too much for the 'quick to criticise' to realise that Camping Weekend is the name of a campsite!!
oops smack my wrist. is a sense of humour a pre requsit. (or is it me)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If I remember rightly Camping Weekend is near to Salo on the South West bit of Lake Garda. We've stayed nearby at Camping Eden. The pitches are terraced, with the pool down at the bottom. Haven't actually stayed at Weekend, but looked down on it from a walk we went on. There may be Mulberry trees around the site so if you're lucky you might be able to pick the ripe berries.

Garda is lovely. Salo has some excellent restaurants, and great icecream shops. It's a lo.....ng walk in but you can do it if you're fit. The lake itself is clear and water temperature good, but there is a lot of boat traffic up and down, so don't swim out too far. The lake beaches at that end are pebble so take some water shoes. Weather can change quickly, so watch out for cloud and clear the area - storms can get ferocious. Do take a drive right around the lake and go to Sirmione (get there early). Catch a local train from DeSenzano (may not be spelled correctly) into Venice. The train station is right off the Grand Canal and you can get a water taxi right down and see all the sights. Much easier and cheaper than trying to drive in. Verona is worth seeing - especially if there is an opera on. Don't miss the Romeo and Juliet balcony. Park well outside and experience the walk in - saves money and is 'interesting'. Do go up to Riva del Garda at the top of the lake and have a pizza in one of the waterside restaurants. Best in Italy! Hope this is a more useful posting than some!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Lighten up Fran! The same thought crossed my mind(a very short journey!),but others got in first! It was intended to be humorous, I'm sure.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If I remember rightly Camping Weekend is near to Salo on the South West bit of Lake Garda. We've stayed nearby at Camping Eden. The pitches are terraced, with the pool down at the bottom. Haven't actually stayed at Weekend, but looked down on it from a walk we went on. There may be Mulberry trees around the site so if you're lucky you might be able to pick the ripe berries.

Garda is lovely. Salo has some excellent restaurants, and great icecream shops. It's a lo.....ng walk in but you can do it if you're fit. The lake itself is clear and water temperature good, but there is a lot of boat traffic up and down, so don't swim out too far. The lake beaches at that end are pebble so take some water shoes. Weather can change quickly, so watch out for cloud and clear the area - storms can get ferocious. Do take a drive right around the lake and go to Sirmione (get there early). Catch a local train from DeSenzano (may not be spelled correctly) into Venice. The train station is right off the Grand Canal and you can get a water taxi right down and see all the sights. Much easier and cheaper than trying to drive in. Verona is worth seeing - especially if there is an opera on. Don't miss the Romeo and Juliet balcony. Park well outside and experience the walk in - saves money and is 'interesting'. Do go up to Riva del Garda at the top of the lake and have a pizza in one of the waterside restaurants. Best in Italy! Hope this is a more useful posting than some!
Val,

Many thanks for taking the time to respond positvely to my questions. You have provided us with some useful ideas which i shall bear in mind.

Once again many thanks

Fran

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The first time I went to this region I didn't go to the opera in the arena in Verona.

So three years ago I went back to do exactly that.

Positively the best thing I've ever done.

A fantastic spectacle and the musics good too.

I saw Aida - next time God willing it will be 'Tosca'.

TRENDING THREADS