Campsite near Bordeaux

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone suggest a good campsite near Bordeaux? I know there are plenty near the coast but on this trip I'd like to be near the city.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
What time of year are you looking for?
For open all year I've looked at a number for transit to Spain. There is a big one (name escapes me) at the top end of the ring road on the airport side, but is was a total disaster in terms of access from and back onto the ring road (despite what the CC book says).
In a few days I'll be at the site at Creon to the east which again comes highly recommended, but I'll reserve judgement until I get there.

There is another to the sought of the town, but looking at it on Google Earth its a no no due to limited pitches and access.

Sorry to be so negative. If others report good sites, particularly if open in winter, I'll be very interested to read.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Site at Creon Bel Air looked not too bad but with many chalets which does not appeal to me so I did not stay. If you wanted to be near Bordeaux, though it could be fine. Take the road towards Bergerac from the ring road and about 5 miles out turn right signed Creon. Site is on the left about a mile before you get to Creon and if you miss it, there is no easy turn round until you are well into Creon town.
Sorry cannot remember website but Google Creon and Bel Air and I'm sure it will come up.

TRENDING THREADS